Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Ouch, My Shoulders Hurt!
DMAE
by Showtime
Citation:   Showtime. "Ouch, My Shoulders Hurt!: An Experience with DMAE (exp11883)". Erowid.org. Jan 28, 2004. erowid.org/exp/11883

200 mg oral DMAE (capsule)

After doing some extensive research on smart drugs/nutrients, I decided to experiment with whatever I could find over-the-counter. I tried various substances over the course of about six months, with various results (usually a mild energized feeling). Of everything I tried however, DMAE certainly left the biggest impression. I purchased DMAE capsules from GNC and started on a dose of 200mg per day. The first week was incredible, with a marked increase in energy and what I percieved to be greatly improved memory. The downside to this, and I had read some warnings of DMAE's effects on muscle tissue, was that after the one-week point my shoulder went from tight to sore to downright painful. I lowered the dosage to 100mg per day but the effects persisted and I stopped taking the supplement completely. I now take a multi-supplement pill which contains 160mg of DMAE, but have yet to experience any tightening of the muscles, or such a profound effect as I did with 200mg of DMAE alone.

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 11883
Published: Jan 28, 2004Views: 19,006
DMAE (151) : Health Problems (27), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)