Morning Ripples
Fluvoxamine & Alcohol
by Juice Junkie
Citation:   Juice Junkie. "Morning Ripples: An Experience with Fluvoxamine & Alcohol (exp11838)". Erowid.org. Dec 3, 2004. erowid.org/exp/11838

300 mg oral Pharms - Fluvoxamine (pill / tablet)
  750 ml oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)

I read a report about an individual seeing 'trails' for a brief period in the morning which they claimed was caused by paroxetine. I thought it worthwhile to report that I have also had a similar experience, one which was not identical but still had evident connotations with LSD. I was on Paroxetine (It's called Arropax here is Australia, I believe its Paxil in the US), 80mg per day. Anywho, I had never done acid before I was on this SSRI but thought 'what the fuck?' and took a hit (this was about 2mths ago). Since then I have only done it about 4 other times. It was good, very enjoyable.

About 2 weeks after my last hit, my shrink swapped the paroxetine for fluvoxamine maleate (Luvox in Australia, 300mg a day), a different SSRI.

I found that when I drank heavily, say a 750ml bottle of vodka in a sitting, the next morning when I woke up I could see a subtle but very real rippling effect on what ever surface I looked at. It was very reminicent of acid, as this effect was one of the most pleasant and vivid aspects of my previous trips.

This would wear off in about five minutes. I did notice, however, that this effect was at its most prominent on the third morning of drinking a bottle a night for three nights (vodka, bicardi, vodka). I don't know what caused this, and neither does my shrink, really (although I'm sure he knows more than he'd let on ;)

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11838
Published: Dec 3, 2004Views: 11,068
Pharms - Fluvoxamine (297), Alcohol - Hard (198) : Hangover / Days After (46), Combinations (3), Unknown Context (20)