Strange Noises in My Head
Ecstasy
by Kimmie
Citation:   Kimmie. "Strange Noises in My Head: An Experience with Ecstasy (exp118)". Erowid.org. Oct 9, 2000. erowid.org/exp/118

4 tablets oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I had recently had some strange experiences with Ecstacy. I am a frequent raver and I do Ecstasy often (usually 3-5 pills a night) 1 to 3 times a week. I drink pleny of water and my pills usually take 30 - 60 minutes to start working.

As I am lying in my bed (usually occurs 2 nights after my doses of E) I start to fall into a deep sleep, then, all of a sudden i hear a loud, WOOM WOOM WOOM WOOM, noise in my head (almost like doing nitrous). I usually am in a half awake and half asleep state (limbo) and I have no control over my brain. Its like my mind is awake, but my dream continues to occur. I have had my eyes roll back into my head and my arms go numb on some occasions. I basically have to struggle to wake up. It is very frightening.

On one occasion I was lying in my bed getting ready to fall into a deep sleep when, all of a sudden, it sounded like a jet air plane crash landed in my ear. Just one loud WOOM. I guess i really didnt give it a chance to make any more noises. I jumped up very quickly and looked rapidly around my room, until I realized what had happened. I sat on my bed with my eyes wide open, thinking that I was never going to get better, just worse. Eventually I found out that its just temporary.

It usually occurs for five to seven days (if i have stayed clean on E during that time frame). And if I do more E, the same symptoms come right back.

Ive had a few friends tell me they have the same problem with waking themselves up from a dream. But none have experienced the loud, frightening sounds like I have. I wonder if I'm the only one? I dont feel that I have lost any of my memory or and motor skills while being awake. I just have no understanding of what, or why, that is happening to me and if this is temporary now, but may have long term effects!

My experiences have been occuring for a month now, at first I was not used to the noise and the probems waking myself up. Lately I have been somewhat been getting immune to the problem. I can now say that the problem still does persist, but I am able to deal with my problem

If anyone has the same problem I do please seek medical attn. After i finish this letter, I am calling my doctor and asking for advice. Better safe than sorry!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 118
Published: Oct 9, 2000Views: 4,064
MDMA (3) : Rave / Dance Event (18), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27)