Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Chewing on It Every 10 Seconds
Salvia divinorum
by Ant
From Reddit Collection
Citation:   Ant. "Chewing on It Every 10 Seconds: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp116289)". Erowid.org. May 5, 2022. erowid.org/exp/116289

4.15 g buccal Salvia divinorum (leaves)

Light First Salvia Quidding

TL;DR
The effects were distinct but not strong, it was a healing experience and it made me be able to take lots of time for myself. It was a cool experience and I was mostly just lying in bed and thinking. The way I felt was great tho (read below for full report)

17:40 - soaked 4,15g salvia leaf in cold water, brushed my gums
17:50 - after soaking the salvia for 10 minutes I took it out the water, squeezed it and put it in my mouth. I'm chewing on it every 10 seconds
18:15 - I have a light body high, I feel pretty sedated, my wall tapestry seems to be shrinking and expanding (not breathing but also not really moving)

18:26 - swallowed the salvia ball and feel pretty tired, it feels like my whole room is whipping back and forth, its hard to stand, I lay in bed and listen to calm psytrance. Also when I look at my hands I have a red/green/blue outline around my fingers and I have very strong tracers, it feels like I see stuff moving in slow motion but when I think about the movement its like superspeed.

18:?? - I have a blind on. I lost track of time, I'm just laying here, I feel like my head is reallyyyy heavy and even when I try I cant really stand up but I dont mind. I like just laying and thinking about random things, when I close my eyes and thinking about anything it all it appears right before my eyes. I think of the craziest stuff. I feel like my room is a room in a big white space (like the train station in harry potter when dumbledore and harry talked), probably has something to do with its snowing outside

18:?? - I dont know how much time has passed, it felt like 2 minutes but also like 3 days. I stand up and try to walk, I almost fall over. I'm still laying in bed and having the craziest thoughts, also, I feel like I'm not myself anymore. I took my headset off and the motion of putting it back on made me feel like I'm a robot. I wanna listen to music because the silence isnt pleasant, also the music makes me see a grid (with opacity 30%) which moves to the beat.

19:10 - I have a pressure in my stomach, maybe getting a bit nauseous. I stood out of my bed because my brother came in my room. Usually I'm really nice to my brother but for some reason in this moment I was pretty mad at him for coming in my room and told him to go away. The past hour has been the fastest hour I've ever had (like 5 minutes), I feel like I'm in a dream like state despite I know I'm not dreaming. I ask myself if I fell asleep while laying in bed but I dont recall falling asleep and I dont feel like I just woke up either.

19:30 - I just pissed a lot and the piss was very green (not yellowish)
19:40 - made myself some food, I still have a slight body high and I still feel like I'm not myself, like salvia made my personality be different somehow. I'm like more mean...the effects are lighter tho.
19:57 - when I close my eyes I can see the outlines of stuff despite my eyes being closed so I can walk around my room with my eyes being closed and still "see" the outlines of everything, thats really cool
20:16 - I dont have effects anymore, I feel neutral but also a bit sedated, my eyes are a bit light sensitive

Conclusion: Would do it again, kinda expensive if you think about the effectiveness of this way of consumption tho. Was very fun.

Exp Year: 2022ExpID: 116289
Published: May 5, 2022Views: 297
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)