Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Completely Uneventful
Metaxalone
by Chubbs
Citation:   Chubbs. "Completely Uneventful: An Experience with Metaxalone (exp114604)". Erowid.org. Jul 29, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114604

800 mg oral Metaxalone
  T+ 24:00 800 mg oral Metaxalone

I was prescribed Metaxalone for a strained neck/shoulder muscle from lifting weights. I'm a casual pill user and really enjoy opioids. I was really excited to be given Metaxalone in hopes that I could enjoy them to relax and get some of those good pill-induced feelings. I'm also a fairly careful pill user and cautious about taking too much.

I started with a single 800 mg dose on an empty stomach. I felt nothing. My neck/shoulder felt better but I felt nothing else whatsoever. I went about my day as normal, worked out, ran errands, etc. and felt nothing. The next day I tried another single dose of 800 mg. I went out rock climbing where a clear head and quick reflexes are crucial. Again, I felt nothing other than a lack of pain in my strained muscle.

I'm disappointed to say that I do not enjoy Metaxalone for recreational use. I guess I'll be keeping the rest purely for medical use.

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 114604
Published: Jul 29, 2020Views: 418
Metaxalone (653) : First Times (2), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), General (1), Various (28)