Double My Prescribed Dose
Atomoxetine & Coffee
by Wolfgang
Citation:   Wolfgang. "Double My Prescribed Dose: An Experience with Atomoxetine & Coffee (exp114372)". Erowid.org. May 22, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114372

160 mg oral Pharms - Atomoxetine
  1 cup oral Coffee

160mg: Don't Overdose

In May of 2020 I took 160mg of Strattera, double my prescribed dose. I checked to see if it would kill me, and upon coming to the conclusion that it wouldn’t kill me, I tried it that morning. What the hell, let’s see what happens. Another bad mistake was drinking a cup of coffee to wash it down, another foolish mistake.

At first the anxiety from that combination became apparent, and over the course of a few hours that turned into a nausea that I was stuck with all day. I played some video games to distract myself from the pain, which worked well until it became too unbearable for this distraction to work. I had to lay down in my bed face-down to relieve myself of my troubles if but for a moment. Several hours after taking it, I couldn’t even leave my bedroom. Only after sleeping that night was I able to relieve my pain. And even then, the ride wasn’t over. I got a bad case of bruxism, ending in me waking up at 3:30 A.M. due to my teeth making a loud snapping sound. And once I did wake up, falling back asleep was difficult.

All in all, I felt dizzy, nauseous, and anxious. All negatives heavily outweigh the positives at this dosage. While I like experimenting with psychoactives, this was an experiment gone wrong.

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 114372
Published: May 22, 2020Views: 1,401
Pharms - Atomoxetine (316) : Combinations (3), Medical Use (47), Difficult Experiences (5), Unknown Context (20)