Citation: Toasted Cereal. "The Sky Is Made of Hexagons: An Experience with Heimia salicifolia (exp113851)". Erowid.org. Dec 26, 2019. erowid.org/exp/113851
Sinicuichi Tea Report
[6g of Sinicuichi;
500 mL of water;
Blue Agave Syrup (5 tsp);
Sugar (1 tsp);
Mint tea bag (Put in the tea for the last hour);
1. Measured out 6 grams of Sinicuichi.
2. Filled a mason jar with 500 mL of water and put the Sinicuichi into it.
3. Put it out under the sun, the sun stayed out for about an hour and a half, I then transitioned it to under a sunlamp for 6:30-7:30 hours. I didn't know if the sunlamp would work as well or at all so I left it there a bit longer than I usually would (it does appear to work, but that may either be due to the sun I had set it under before or perhaps the Sinicuichi just needs to be soaked in water, but I wouldn't put any money on the sunlamp or it just needing to soak in water).
4. I took the tea and added a mint tea bag to it along with 1 tsp of white sugar and 5 tsps of Blue Agave Syrup (basically liquid sugar that tastes a bit more like a plant) and stirred them together.
5. Put the mason jar onto a wood stove that was barely warmed (maybe 28-33 C), and took it off after 20 minutes (the tea was slightly colder than lukewarm but not room temperature).
Dark, quiet room
Peaceful state of mind
No other drugs, herbs, supplements, or medications (OTC or otherwise) had been taken within 4 days of the experience.
Had eaten a medium-light meal about 4 hours before.
*Time has been approximated; give or take about 15 mins for each timestamp*
23:30(0:00) - Drank the tea. Took about 15 minutes to drink it all.
00:30-45 (+1:00-1:15) - Felt calm, relaxed, vague sense of euphoria and giddiness/excitability.
01:30 (+2:00) - Slightly increased euphoria; noticeable giddiness/excitability. Vague tension in my arms and hands.
02:05(+2:35) - Went to bed.
02:45-03:15 (+3:05-3:35) - Fell asleep sometime during this period. Had very vivid dreams, can only remember one of them.
13:25 (+13:45) - Woke up, felt normal, no after effects beside a very slight soreness around my waist that disappeared around an hour after I woke up.
Nighttime. I was walking down a road near my house, next to a field. There are trees growing along the side of the road pretty much all the way, but there is a break in them about 3/4 of the way down the field. I stop and look up at the sky (it seems to be made up of hexagons), as I'm looking at the sky a part of the sky flips colours, the hexagons that make up a part of the sky turn and become the colour of the sun. Almost immediately after the switch, most of the sun coloured parts turned blood red, creating constellations inside of the "sun". Most of the sun's area was filled with constellations, but I could still somehow see the colour of the "sun" behind the constellations.
The most prominently featured constellation was at the bottom of the "sun", it looked very similar to Orion, although with a drawn bow. Or perhaps it was Centaurus with a bow, I don't know. I've looked at both and the closest I can come to it is a mix of Orion and Centaurus. After that I don't remember anything until I woke up.
Perhaps a more literal "Sun Opening".
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.