Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Eerie Euphoria
Methadone
by Kane
Citation:   Kane. "Eerie Euphoria: An Experience with Methadone (exp11355)". Erowid.org. Jun 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/11355

30 ml oral Methadone (liquid)

Having both my mother and aunt on methadone for narcotic addiction, i've heard of the stuff all of my life. I love narcotics (percocet, demerol, lortab, etc.) but had never considered methadone. One day, feeling adventurous, I asked my aunt for some of her dose. She gave me 30mL but told me not to drink it all that day. Being an idiot, and seeing the minute amount of liquid, I decided to take it all.

The next 12 hours I spent in a dream-like state I have never fealt from any narcotic. It was very bitter-sweet. The euphoria was different from normal narcotics but still very intense and enjoyable. It was almost an impossible task to keep from nodding out in the first couple of hours. I had slight nausea throughout the whole ordeal but nothing that bothered me too much. All in all, it was a good experience but I would be hesitant to recommend it to others.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11355
Published: Jun 12, 2007Views: 43,211
Methadone (166) : Families (41), First Times (2), Alone (16)