Vacation in Hell
MIPLA & DMT
Citation:   Squid. "Vacation in Hell: An Experience with MIPLA & DMT (exp113331)". Erowid.org. Jul 11, 2019. erowid.org/exp/113331

200 ug sublingual MIPLA (blotter / tab)
  T+ 3:30 20 mg vaporized DMT
  T+ 3:45 30 mg vaporized DMT
  T+ 4:00 90 mg insufflated DMT
Set: Going into this experience, I had just finished some difficult exams and was feeling pretty good about myself. I was looking forward to finally having a few free days to spend how I pleased, and my roommates were all out of town. With my MIPLA blotters arriving a few weeks prior, it seemed to be the perfect time to take them for a spin.

Setting: My apartment and the beach.

5:00 PM (T + 0:00)
A single 200 μg MIPLA blotter placed under my tongue.

5:15 PM (T + 0:15)
Blotter swallowed.

5:30 PM (T + 0:30)
First alert: feeling lightheaded and anxious. I usually take this as a sign that things are beginning.

6:00 PM (T + 1:00)
I feel a distinct lysergamide headspace coming on quickly. Very stimulating, but gentle. Everything looks ďHD,Ē but no visuals other than that. Sound is slightly echo-y, as if the room I am in has suddenly become much larger. Iím enjoying some music while I lay on my couch.

6:30 PM (T + 1:30)
The MIPLA is at its peak effect now. This material really doesnít have much to offer in terms of headspace or visualsófar less than even AL-LAD, 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MIPT, or 2C-B. Itís by far the most recreational psychedelic Iíve ever experienced, but I wouldnít take that as an excuse to be reckless with it as Iíd imagine that would still end poorly. The drug certainly retains a lysergamide style, mainly in the slight headspace and the body high (which was pleasant, and among the strongest effects I felt). Music sounded great, but not LSD-great. I like MIPLA, but for completely different reasons than I like other psychedelics. Itís fun, light-hearted, and probably good for watching a movie or going to a concert.

7:00 PM (T + 2:00)
I decide now would be a good time to leave my apartment, so I made my way down the street to a beach-side hiking trail. I found the MIPLA to be energizing, so it paired well with physical activity.
I found the MIPLA to be energizing, so it paired well with physical activity.
At this point, the only significant visuals I experienced from the drug manifested themselves on some steep, rocky cliffs. The bumpy, eroded surface of the cliffs looked like hundreds of faces/bodies piled on top of each other. It didnít come off as frightening as it sounds, and instead just looked like a renaissance painting of hell youíd find in an old church somewhere.

8:00 PM (T + 3:00)
Although the beach is relaxing, I find myself getting bored. The effects are beginning to wear off at this point. I decided to head home and keep the trip going with some DMT.

8:30 PM (T + 3:30)
I arrive home, load my pipe with 20 mg DMT, lay down in bed, and light it up. I am met with the warm-blanket feeling I love from low-dose DMT trips. Everything in my room looks like itís made of play-doh, and is melting into each other. Feels far less intense than I would expect from 20mg, so I assume tryptamine-lysergamide cross-tolerance is playing a role.

8:45 PM (T + 3:45)
DMTís effects have mostly faded, so I load up another 30 mg and vape it. The same effects are brought back, but itís still underwhelming.

9:00 PM (T + 4:00)
Iím determined go a bit deeper with the deems. I weigh out 90 mg, shape the pile of powder into 2 lines, and snort Ďem both up. No big deal, my tolerance is sky-high anywayÖ right? WRONG.

By 9:03 PM I was already so out of my mind I couldnít remember who or where I was. My nose felt like it was full of glass. Up, up, up- Things continued to escalate fast. I worried I was about to break through just before all concept of ďIĒ was totally shattered. I found myself in a crystalline, holographic, colorful fractal palace. I recognized the place immediately; strong DMT trips always bring me here.
I recognized the place immediately; strong DMT trips always bring me here.
I remember going through the same hysterical though process I always do. Something like:
ďíWhere were we before birth? What happens when we die?í What stupid questions! Isnít it obvious? Itís all so obvious! This place is it! Itís where we come from and itís where we go! Weíve always been here, and we always will be. How could I forget again?Ē

I donít remember much of what happened next, but I remember feeling like I was experiencing everything experienceable, all at once, for all time. Then I was laying down in the shower with no recollection of how I got there. My memory of the prior moment was dissipating like smoke, and all I knew was my nose hurt like hell. Soon, the pain was all I could focus on. Some demonic character, which I interpreted as my own subconscious, grinned at me before throwing me into an fractal of pain. Then I was stumbling down my hallway, mumbling ďnever againĒ to myself. As I trudged towards my room at the end of the hallway, it morphed into my living room which should have been at the other end of the hallway. I did a 180 and walked to where my room had been relocated, only for the same thing to happen again. The time on my phone read nine-twenty-something, but I had no idea what that meant. Somehow, I managed to call my girlfriend even though I didnít know what the weird, bright-screen-thing in my hand was. I explained to her, somewhat incoherently, what was happening, to which she replied, ďit should be over soon.Ē This calmed me down, so I dropped the phone and went to lie on the couch.

9:45 PM (T + 4:45)
The effects of DMT have worn off at this point. I donít feel any lingering negative emotions from the trip, surprisingly, and instead Iím just relieved to feel alive and human again.
Iím just relieved to feel alive and human again.

11:00 PM (T + 6:00)
All effects from MIPLA are gone at this point. Back to baseline.

Overall, I think MIPLA is a fun psychedelic, mellow and social. Just donít expect to have your mind blown by any cosmic revelations. IMO itís worth exploring further, and Iíll probably try it again at 300 μg or 400 μg. I suspect that I really didnít have much tolerance to the DMT, and instead I was just smoking it incorrectly. Also, I seriously do not recommend anyone reading this snorts DMT unless itís a tiny dose, as tiny doses donít hurt nearly as much.

Exp Year: 2019ExpID: 113331
Published: Jul 11, 2019Views: 1,564
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
MIPLA (864), DMT (18) : Combinations (3), First Times (2), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.