Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
The Group Eventually Became Cultish
Ayahuasca
by Bobby Hill
Citation:   Bobby Hill. "The Group Eventually Became Cultish: An Experience with Ayahuasca (exp113276)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2019. erowid.org/exp/113276

Ayahuasca

Cult / Sexual Assault Warning

Several years ago, I participated in a couple ayahuasca retreats. The group eventually became cultish and started some bizarre practices. For an example, one of the group leaders had told me to save my menstrual blood and put it in a big plant. I was also forcibly stripped during a ceremony. I stormed out and told the group leaders this was insane. I was repeatedly harassed by former group members because I left.

I had an amazing experience with the plant itself, but Iím convinced that most ayahuasca circles are cults. I can see how it would be easy to manipulate people through experiences like that.

I wonít do it again. I broke my programming after reading a couple atheism books and cult survivor info.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 113276
Published: Jun 16, 2019Views: 2,816
Ayahuasca (8) : Group Ceremony (21), Post Trip Problems (8), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Retrospective / Summary (11)