Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
12 Hours and Still Tripping
Ecstasy (possibly MDA/MDMA & 5-MeO-DiPT)
Citation:   Trippin Bitch. "12 Hours and Still Tripping: An Experience with Ecstasy (possibly MDA/MDMA & 5-MeO-DiPT) (exp11315)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2004. erowid.org/exp/11315

T+ 0:00
1 tablet oral MDMA (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:30 1 tablet oral MDMA (pill / tablet)
  T+ 9:30 3 shots oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
I consider myself fairly experienced with drugs. I am a daily marijuana smoker, and I have considerable experience with alcohol, tobacco, magic mushrooms, MDMA, and DXM. I was given 2 pills which I was told were pure MDMA...which was not the case at all. After reading reports at Pill Reports, and talking to others, I have found that these pills were mostly 5-MeO-DiPT, with either a trace amount of MDA or MDMA. Unfortunately I was not aware of the presence of 5-MeO-DiPT at the time of ingestion. Before I go into detail of my experience, I would like to STRONGLY recommend everyone does their research before popping pills. A test kit is cheap and easy, and websites such as Pill Reports (www.pillreports.com) have lots of good information. Now, the experience:

7:30pm - I ingested the first pill and felt a slight coming up after about 30-45 minutes.

8:30pm - I was feeling a good body high, colors and sound seemed enhanced, and my emotions seemed to be at a heightened state. The effects seemed similar to a low dose of MDMA.

10:00pm - Still feeling good, I listened to some trance music and fired up the visualizations on Winamp. Definitely the best part of the night...I felt as if I was 'at one' with the music. I had a strong overwhelming sense that trance music was made for those on ecstasy. Although I was rolling, I decided to enhance my experience by taking the other pill at this point. This was my mistake.

12:00am - Between 10 and 12 I still felt a good 'rolling' feeling. At approximately 12 I was overcome by a desire to move around. I was moving in warp speed: my speech, walking pace, and thought process were all extremely accelerated. I decided to go on a walk by myself, which in retrospect was VERY foolish if I had passed out, but I was on my cell phone with a friend throughout the duration of it. My muscles were all very tense, and I felt sick to my stomach. I was also EXTREMELY hot and I could not stop drinking water. My pupils were extremely dilated, and everything around me seemed ‘surreal’ I felt as if I was in some strange void, and this is when the panic started to set in.

12:45am - I was in my own personal hell inside of my mind. The only thing which existed inside of me was fear. I had convinced myself at this point in time that I was going to die, and I thought about my funeral and how my family would feel after I was gone for a very long time. Talking to others helped, but I spent most of this time walking around outside at a very fast pace.

3:00am - Between 12 and 3 everything was the same -- I was consumed by fear, but now I was thinking that I would pull through, and I could tell that I was beginning to come down. I returned to my room, but I was no where near sleeping. I talked to friends online, and this helped keep my mind distracted from the fear which was still there, but not as prevalent.

5:00am - I was still feeling the effects rather strongly. The fear seemed to come in waves now, but it was more present than absent. At this point I decided to drink some alcohol to lower my inhibitions, so on an empty stomach I quickly downed between 3 and 4 shots (this made me feel very sick). I then proceeded to take a warm shower, which in combination with the alcohol seemed to help immensely.

8:30am - Between 5 and 8:30 I was wide awake, but not feeling the effects as strongly anymore. I watched TV in my bed; eyes wide open for the entire time, until I was finally able to fall asleep at 8:30am. I awoke at 1:30 feeling horrible. I felt hung-over (possibly from the hard alcohol on an empty stomach?), and the come-down from the 5-MeO-DiPT seems to be fairly harsh. It is almost 24 hours since I took the first pill, and I still feel pretty bad. Earlier in the day I had a slight twitch, and I have had the shivers on occasion throughout the day.

This is a STRONG chemical that I knew little about before getting into it. It can be EXTREMELY intense. In retrospect, it was one wild trip that I hope to never have to experience again!

I'm glad I drank the alchohol, and I believe it would have helped me earlier, but I did not want to induce any side-effects mostly related to dehydration and the presence of MDMA in my system. If you find yourself freaking out on DiPT, just hang in there -- it's a long ride but it will end eventually!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11315
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jun 25, 2004Views: 31,509
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
MDMA (3), 5-MeO-DiPT (57) : Alone (16), What Was in That? (26), Difficult Experiences (5)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults