Have you had an experience with
Peyote, San Pedro, or Synthetic Mescaline?
Help out researchers at Maastricht University and...
Take this Survey!
My New Crutch
Gabapentin
by Zach
Citation:   Zach. "My New Crutch: An Experience with Gabapentin (exp112819)". Erowid.org. Feb 12, 2019. erowid.org/exp/112819

1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (pill / tablet)
  T+ 1:00 1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00   transdermal Nicotine (patch)
  T+ 0:00 1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00     Pharms - Bupropion (daily)

Iíve been taking Gabapentin for anxiety for a year now.

A little background: Iím mid Thirties, grossly alcoholic (clean now), diagnosed some type of mentally unstable. I take mood stabilizers and antidepressants. This report isnít about that.

I was prescribed Gabapentin years ago because my shrink thought it was a safe alternative to benzos. Heís probably right. I abuse my prescriptionÖ. Or at least I thought I did . I was prescribed PRN 300 mg 4 times a day. I was taking 1200 mg 3 times a day. I asked the Dr. To up my prescription and he obliged. He wrote the script for 1200 mg 3 times a day. Now I walk out the pharmacy with sealed jars of the stuff. Also, I now use more than that some days.

Generally I wake up and take 4 of these 300mg pills, and then I get to work an hour later and take 4 more. This leaves me feeling pretty good. It allows me to focus on work, but not focus on the stupid shit going on around me. I would say Iím just hanging out on a cloud of donít give a fuck. It leaves me perfectly capable of higher level logic and doesnít impede my life at all. Except for a few pesky things. 1. I cannot for the life of me think of words that describe my thoughts. Normal vocabulary has just gone out the window in my life.

The next hour I strap on a nicotine patch and I am on a different cloud, this kicks up my energy and prepares me for the morning rush of customers. Now, at this point I have to double check my work, because the small details will slip through the cracks. I am still incredibly relaxed but I do have to be cautious, because if something begins to bother me I can flip shit accidently.

Now it is lunch and I pop 4 more of the pills. Now it is just maintaining the same mindset. Chill and relaxed.

Now I get home and pop 4 more and I get to get lost in the internet. I end up on websites researching the meaningless (there is a word for this I just canít remember it right now). Several hours of chill ensue and then sleep, rinse, repeat.

Some days I forget if I took them and probably take more, other days I just donít really need or want them. I read somewhere that a lady reported taking a bunch A BUNCH of these things and she just got the tremors and muscle control issues.
I think at most Iíve intentionally taken 8 grams in one day.

This leads me to the other negative effect. It makes me a terrible lover, I can love a screw all night but there is absolutely no orgasm for me at all if Iím on these things. So there are several days that I take way less of them so that I can enjoy myself.

Exp Year: 2019ExpID: 112819
Published: Feb 12, 2019Views: 213
Pharms - Gabapentin (183) : Medical Use (47), Sex Discussion (14), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)