Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Intense and Unforgettable
Escitalopram & LSD
by mullymite
Citation:   mullymite. "Intense and Unforgettable: An Experience with Escitalopram & LSD (exp112488)". Erowid.org. Oct 24, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112488

10 mg oral Pharms - Escitalopram (daily)
  T+ 0:00 2 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)
  T+ 0:00   sublingual LSD
  T+ 10:30   oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine

I have been taking 10mg Escitalopram (aka Cipralex, Lexapro) and 2mg Clonazepam (aka Rivotril, Klonopin) per day for about 4 months. It has had great results for my social anxiety disorder and panic disorder and my psychiatrist is thrilled with my progress (and so am I!).

Over the past few months I have been experimenting with microdosing LSD. I was very scared about possible interactions with my medicines and with my panic disorder, so I took only 10μg to begin with. I hardly noticed anything. Likewise with 20μg.

One Saturday afternoon at 5pm, I took 30μg sublingual, again calm and really expecting a repeat of 'not much' or at most some mild effects.

An hour or so later (~6pm), I found myself intensely interested in online video lectures about chemistry, particle physics, string theory and some maths videos. I was able to focus without pausing the video or getting distracted. I felt like a sponge that simply could not take in enough information. Never before had I been able to focus this solidly and for this long. But again, I did not think very much of this and I doubted it was the LSD.

Then at 11pm everything suddenly changed. I started clenching my jaw very hard and staring at the wall. I was sweating, overheating, rushing and buzzing in a way that was very similar to MDMA. I couldn't focus much on the videos anymore, and instead my attention turned to staring at the wall, the carpet, the roof, and just daydreaming and drifting away with my imagination. It was incredible. Words cannot describe it. Yet I was not anxious nor scared.

How this could possibly happen on such a low dose of LSD I am not sure. All the literature I have read (and there's not very much out there), indicates that SSRIs and Benzodiazepines are more likely than not to _diminish_ the effects of LSD rather than strengthen them.

I was able to sleep at around 3-4am in the morning with the help of a couple of beers. Tiny bit sketchy and confused the next morning, but 100% fine by dinner time. Would definitely do it again but not soon.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112488
Published: Oct 24, 2018Views: 2,519
Pharms - Escitalopram (304), LSD (2) : Alone (16), Medical Use (47), Combinations (3), General (1)