Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Barely Holding On
Phenibut
by Plusha
Citation:   Plusha. "Barely Holding On: An Experience with Phenibut (exp112467)". Erowid.org. Oct 21, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112467

16 g oral Smarts - Phenibut

I've using Phenibut for a few weeks now, usually 5-7g. I know that Phenibut has a ridiciously high overdose (LD50), which made me feel a bit safer when I idiotically ingested 16 grams of Phenibut. DO NOT try this, this made my weekend very unhappy in more ways than one.

At approximately 10 PM, I ingested 16,000 mg or 16 grams of Phenibut HCL. I felt a good buzz, but quickly fell asleep around 2 am. Next day I wake up high as a kite. I was quite happy, talking enthusiastically with anyone. Needless to say, my family was intrigued. After eating breakfast, a very strong wave of nausea hit me like a brick. I spent the morning energized, then bedridden for a few hours until the nausea subsided. Thankfully I didn't vomit, however when I would stand up for an hour, the nausea would come back. My balance was really thrown off by this point, and I'm not sure how I was able to escape without losing my stomach contents.

I had to go to a party at my girlfriends at 5 PM, and I was feeling quite terrible. I was extremely nauseous for hours on end, dizzy, and had horrible coordination and balance. I decided to go anyway, and it was a pool party; a great combination for my stomach. The effects thankfully went a bit more downhill, needless to say I didn't do any water aerobics that day. My stomach was still on the fritz, but I found it easy to relax against the pool wall and pretend I'm sober.

When I got back home at 11 PM, the nausea came back with full force. I was still in my bed trying to deal with the pain, probably went to sleep around 4 AM it was that bad. Not even Phenibut's characteristic drowsiness could stop me from recoiling due to the nausea and preventing me from going to sleep.

Overall, a very negative experience that will last a LONG time (I still felt the effects for over 3 1/2 days)

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112467
Published: Oct 21, 2018Views: 6,173
Smarts - Phenibut (379) : Difficult Experiences (5), Overdose (29), Post Trip Problems (8), Multi-Day Experience (13), General (1), Various (28)