Support Erowid Center with a $45 Donation
And get a blacklight-inked "Erologo" t-shirt!
Agape Unconditional Love
Cannabis & MDMA
by Hollabun
Citation:   Hollabun. "Agape Unconditional Love: An Experience with Cannabis & MDMA (exp112256)". Erowid.org. Aug 22, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112256

5 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  1 tablet oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I smoked some kush (don't remember what strain anymore) and took a molly pill and decided to hang out in a mall cafe by myself sitting & drinking a light non-caffeinated drink and observing people passing by.

Usually, when we observe people, we have different impressions of them based on the way they look, their body language, etc. Some people give us positive impressions, some negative, others neutral etc...

When the effects of the kush and molly took place, it felt like every single person passing by was a creature that was worthy of love no matter what their background was.

I had read about 'agape' love in school, which is the kind of unconditional love that 'God' supposedly has for human beings (I consider myself atheist/agnostic and rejected the evangelical Xtianity I was brainwashed to believe in in my teen years) and it seemed to me that what I felt about the people passing by was this kind of love.

In the subsequent months, I tried to form a theory of what might have been going on and came up with the idea that the way I felt about the people I was observing may be similar to how we feel about animals and pets in that we don't judge them because they are 'lower creatures' and our consciousness is so high above them that we don't feel insecure or offended by them no matter what we observe them to be.

Perhaps the molly + kush raises our consciousness in some way such that we no longer perceive other people from a place of insecurity.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 112256
Published: Aug 22, 2018Views: 254
MDMA (3), Cannabis (1) : General (1), Combinations (3), Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53)