Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Enjoyed the 'Intellectual' Value
AMT
by Eric
Citation:   Eric. "Enjoyed the 'Intellectual' Value: An Experience with AMT (exp11224)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2002. erowid.org/exp/11224

AMT (powder / crystals)

Over the past two months I have gone through about 620mg's of AMT. I have smoked it from 5-60mg's and have taken pills up to 70mg's. Never once did I get nausea or vomiting, though I did experience some considerable dizziness in the higher dosages. I have come to the conclusion that the best route of administration is in a pill form. Only orally have a I really experienced the full effects of AMT. My dose of choice was about 45mg. This may be a little heavy for the first few doses.

I have noted a very low presence of negative side effects while using AMT. The most notable side effects observed included anxiety, muscle tension, headache, and coordination loss. It is worth mentioning that I have experienced some coordination loss that has lasted days after AMT usage (ex. continually dropping keys/objects). I have mixed AMT with a stupid mix of MAOI sensitive drugs such as cocaine/amphetamines and antidepressants, as well as more neutral substances like marijuana, nitrous, GHB etc. I noticed no severe interactions, though I was honestly concerned about the Remeron and AMT combo.

And finally, AMT did give me some form of OEV's (mostly CEV's) but that was not AMT's strong point. What I truly enjoyed about the substance was its 'intellectual' value. It really makes me see things differently. The day after I am left with a pleasantly drained feeling. Definately a distinct happiness aspect. I did not suffer from any depersonalization but rather quite the opposite. I think the maoi effect does kind of linger though.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11224
Published: Feb 25, 2002Views: 11,158
AMT (7) : Not Applicable (38), Retrospective / Summary (11)