Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Purple Haze
Amanita muscaria var. formosa
by Gypsy Boy
Citation:   Gypsy Boy. "Purple Haze: An Experience with Amanita muscaria var. formosa (exp1121)". Erowid.org. Sep 8, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1121

3.0 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (plant material)

I went for a walk in the woods and I had decided I would try those mushrooms. I ate a whole cap, raw, medium sized. I had a bad pre trip feeling for a while but it stopped after a couple minutes. After about twenty minutes I was feeling very strange. I can't really describe it because it doesn't resemble psilocybes or any type of normal mushrooms. I felt everything was slow motion and everyone around me made me laugh. I felt like I was walking under water. The effect that predominates is that you completely forget who you are or what you are doing. Everytime I was remembering who I was I started laughing. I felt very peaceful, but if some one looked at me strange or anything, I wasn't scared to take him on because I kind of felt invulnerable. It's very hard to explain, but the best way to explain it is that it is completely different than any other drug I've tried.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1121
Published: Sep 8, 2000Views: 19,442
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)