More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
Only 250 of those contribute $1 or more.
If you use Erowid, Please Donate.
Tripping Well Grounded
MIPLA
by dmso
From Bluelight Collection
Citation:   dmso. "Tripping Well Grounded: An Experience with MIPLA (exp111958)". Erowid.org. Jul 19, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111958

200 ug sublingual MIPLA (blotter / tab)

25 May 2018: 1st Trial of alleged 200 μg MIPLA tabs from Poland

Tripping well grounded

This was a planned, much-anticipated first experience with MIPLA, a novel lysergamide. Novel to me certainly, with little hard documentation to go on. I had heard, on highest authority, MIPLA was a good one. Atypically, I did not test this material. I took it on faith, and good background, the material I received was genuine. I presumed it was authentic MIPLA, and I still do.

Because I usually trip alone, Iíve experienced many psychedelics only at low to modest levels. Iíve had only one truly difficult experience years ago which was deeply unsettling at the time. Happily, it was calmly integrated over days-to-weeks, with only positive, lasting insights.

Right then: All systems go, no heroics, hoping for the best, ready for the worst.
2:30 pm
0:00
One tab of blotter paper (uncoloured and, unusually, without markings of any kind) goes under the tongueóabout an hour after coffee, two waffles and a muffin. Tastes of nothing, no bitterness, no numbness. Good sign. I head for the uni campus, a favourite tripping destination. Itís idyllic, familiar, quiet in summer, a short walk away. Itís a beautiful day, ideal for this.

2:50 pm
0:20
Thereís still no taste or numbness, maybe a vague hint of astringency that could easily be attributed to the blotter paper itself. I swallow the tab with a swig of water, while walking to the uni.

3:10 pm
0:40
Iím now at the uni campus, sitting on a bench. The weather is perfect, very warm with a refreshing breeze, few clouds. I abruptly feel not just an alert, but at +1. I feel like I just landed here, that the time spent walking here has gone to zero.
This is odd because I can recall many points along the way perfectly well. Iíve taken this route countless times, but the city reveals something new of itself every time, in the right-here, right-now moments along the way. And so too today.

Now that feels collapsed. Time restarts now.

Iím definitely in +1 territory already. I feel something in my gut. Nothing like nausea, more like warmth, just awareness really. I wonder about chakras for a minute. I vaguely imagine one of them is assigned there, maybe? Not really my thing, Iím now imagining generalized 5-HT activity in my gut instead. Itís hardly anything. I forget about it and press on. Iím liking this.

3:40 pm
1:10
Iím laying flat on the grass, on the bank of a pathway where once was a creek, long since buried. Itís very tranquil here, very still, with only a handful of people scattered about. This is a perfectly manageable +2, with no sharp edges whatsoever. Visually thereís not a lot going on, things are a bit brighter, a bit crisper is all. Even the clouds are just toying with me. At times, with other compounds, clouds can transfix me, drop me to my knees. Not today.

I feel perfectly safe here. Thereís good foundation for that; I live in a very safe city and the uni is a privileged enclave within that city. But to feel _this safe_, at +2, is remarkable. Iíve been right here before, on half a tab of ETH-LAD, on a day like this. I felt safe enough that day; I feel safer today. There is zero edge to this material. I close my eyes for a while. Iím just being still, and grateful to live in this place.

4:15 pm
1:45
I think this +2 is as full on as Iím going to get. This is just great, easy, manageable, social. Senses are slightly enhanced, not at all distracting as I continue wandering about the uni. Itís a big campus, with lots of lawns to loll about on. I duck into a building to refill my water bottle at a fountain. Iíve learned where the good fountains are. Iím again filled with gratitude this uni is here, stitched seamlessly into the city with no clear perimeter. You mostly just know when youíre there. No one is walking around in gowns yet but thatís coming soon. Theyíre setting up for it now. I hear snatches of conversations among the few students around today. They sound a bit giddy. Listening to them makes me smile.

4:45 pm
2:15
Still at +2, now back at the bench where time restarted. A friendly young man walks by and smiles at me, twice. Heís happy about something and Iím happy for him. Thatís enough to smile back.

5:00 pm
2:30
Still at +2, looking now at a pair of ancient cannons from a long forgot colonial past, on yet another lawn. I read the plaque explaining all this. Cannons donít interest me much, but for a moment I imagine the men who loaded and fired these clunky looking weapons. Maybe I speak English, and not French, because of them.

Iím starting to feel sunburned, also a bit lonely. Thatís not uncommon for me while tripping, and I donít mind. Time to plot a course back home though. There are many alternative routes but thereís no avoiding the very much faster pace, off-campus, at 5 pm, on a Friday. I opt for a meandering route through city parks and alleys, skirting the busier streets and intersections. This leg of the journey is always more challenging, but in some ways the most instructive. Iíve lived here for decades at various addresses. Always in the core, just a few city blocks apart. Every street corner is known to me, or once was. But the city is transforming, faster than I realize.

The trip is evocative, full of nostalgia. Old buildings are being demolished, parking lots excavated. Twenty-storey towers, emptied and skinned down to the steel, reincarnated as 60-storey hulks. All along Iím retracing my history, intersecting with my past. Time only seems linear until you step out of it, now it seems much more fluid and simultaneous. I imagine myself half a life ago, walking towards me. What would I say to him, I wonder? Of course, I wouldnít have to say anythingóheíd look right through me.

5:30 pm
3:00
Iím on a bench again, in a ratty park in the gay village. I lived around here for many years. I exchange nodding hellos with the three guys next to me. Two of them look like women, and I wonder idly for a second how deep that goes. But theyíre at ease, Iím at ease, and itís moot. One likes my shirt. ďThank you, it kind of goes with what Iím on.Ē Knowing smiles all around, and Iím off again.

5:45 pm
3:15
Iím at what Iíll call a fully-assimilated +2. Happy, content, with my heart opened up like a kid. If called upon, I could probably dial it back to baseline in a moment; itís that pliable. I spot a couple Iíd seen many blocks earlier, sharing a slice of pizza. Different paths, same endpoint. I pass the unfilled pool where skateboarders congregate, many more today than usual. I feel the pang of inchoate sympathy for the people hanging around the new supervised-injection site. I doubt most people, including the locals, even realize itís there.

6:00 pm
3:30
Home, and glad to be. I spend a few hours reflecting on the nature of this material, listening to music, and tentatively plugging back into the online world.

8:00 pm
5:30
Things have smoothly descended to +1.
Regarding this compound, letís presume itís indeed MIPLA. This was wonderful day, and MIPLA was a great ally today. How much of that goes to the chemistry I really canít say. Iíve come to believe expectations play a much bigger role than I used to think.
Iíve come to believe expectations play a much bigger role than I used to think.
I wasnít expecting a full-on, +3 or more experience else Iíd never have set out on a field trip.

Some might find this compound wanting, but Iíd rather think of it as fail-safe. I liked AL-LAD for the same reasons, and this feels safer still. There was no anxiety, no troubling or intrusive thoughts, no body load, and little residual stimulation. I was at ease every moment. Even for old pro, thatís quite something.

1P-LSD is more demanding, but offers more rewards, more awesome. Iím not always up to awesome. Sometimes I want to be grounded. MIPLA, today, was tripping well grounded.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111958
Published: Jul 19, 2018Views: 2,389
MIPLA (864) : First Times (2), Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53)