A Good Thing Gone Wrong - Revisited
MDMA
by Groovegal
Citation:   Groovegal. "A Good Thing Gone Wrong - Revisited: An Experience with MDMA (exp11083)". Erowid.org. Dec 6, 2001. erowid.org/exp/11083

0.25 tablets oral MDMA
  T+ 2:00 0.25 tablets oral MDMA

I just wanted to revisit my last experience report and share some new insights with you all. Since taking E back in September, I've been diagnosed with a slightly overactive thyroid. That's what's been causing my heart palpitations. I was told that stimulants of any kind, coffee, chocolate, and especially E should be avoided. Hence, my wild night alone was really due to my condition (which I had no clue about at the time!) being overly stimulated by the E. I was placed on a beta-blocker, atenolol, to take care of the palps.

Remember, I had fallen in love with E. I really wanted to have fun, but I didn't want to die!!! So 3 weeks ago, I did a lot of reading up on the web and found that my beta-blocker can be used to counter the ill effects that the E has on my heart. Doctors actually use beta-blockers to help people who have overdosed on coke, not to mention it's a heart-attack medication. I went to a well-respected doctor's website where he has a column. He gave this advice, which I took. I swallowed 50 mgs of atenolol 20 minutes before I took my E. Now, because I was worried, I only took 1/4.

After 30 minutes, I felt a slight buzz, not totally rolling. I checked my pulse and I was at a normal rate. I decided after 2 hours that I'd go ahead and take my other 1/4. 15 minutes later, I was rolling out of my mind. I was actually kind of scared how hard I was rolling. I could barely stand up. Totally a better experience than my last. My heart rate stayed at a normal rate and I experienced no irregular beats.

I found however, that I was more nauseous than usual. Where I usually throw up or gag at the onset of the E, this time, I gagged through the night here and there, but never fully threw up. Beta=blockers are a Godsend! I just take it easy, make sure I'm around people I trust who know about my condition, and don't over do it.

Take care,
Groovegal.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11083
Published: Dec 6, 2001Views: 8,871
MDMA (3) : Not Applicable (38), Health Problems (27), Retrospective / Summary (11), Combinations (3), General (1)