Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Blind Leading the Gullible
Cocaine
by Willow
Citation:   Willow. "Blind Leading the Gullible: An Experience with Cocaine (exp11071)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2003. erowid.org/exp/11071

0.5 g insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

There will be only old news in this repert I am afraid. But at least it is as accurate. Ironically, I did coke for the first time tonight when I invited a friend of mine over to come and relax at my place. Ironic because he had acquried a large amount of the stuff and had been snorting almost continually for two weeks and I was goimg to try calm him down. I also wanted to make a plan for how we were gonna handle his imminent crash at work - his stash was almost gone and he got into trouble last time because he became aggressive.

My invitation to him was to come and chill and/or do some lines, not to preach. It may seem to some that I was not doing a very good rehab job when he offered me some and I snorted it. But I think you'd have to understand our relationship. I did it despite the evidence that it might be a bad idea. (my friend - exhibit 'b').

I had been on call for five consecutive days and was entirely exhausted. About thirty seconds after the first line, I felt as though I had had a good night's sleep and was buzzing with energy. There was significant elevation in mood, but no euphoria per se. My hunger disappeared. (And I started to babble, which was lots of fun.)

The thing I was most curious about was the come down. I had heard so much about it. So I held off a long time on a second hit. It was not all that unpleasant. I definitely wanted more, but if there hadn't been any I think I would have been OK. In fact the come down, lasting about an hour and a half, was also fun - a novelty. I did another half gram, and got more euphoria this time, occasionally babbling so much that I forgot what I was talking about, which is apparently not typical. I hadn't come down yet when I had the third hit. This one felt a lot like ectasy does if I have used it heavily and no longer become euphoric, except that I do not get that 'e-stupidity'. In fact I am now typing this report at at leat twice my normal speed. Also noteworthy is that I had an atypical (for me) craving for alcohol.

The last hit was an hour and a half ago. I am expecting a come down for real some time, and probably due to the confidence boost from the coke, am looking forward to learning what it is like.

Adverse effects noted:
Psychologically- no problem encountered yet. I expect a bout of insomnia tonight.
Physically- degree of bronchospasm and dysphagia - quite unpleasant. I do not read about this in the vaults - apparently occurs with smoked crack. I surmise the mechanism is different with crack, though. I have had moments of panic about anaphylaxis. also palpitations and sweaty palms.

In summary: Very PLEASANT, but not mindblowing like many other substances. The danger with coke that I foresee is that it is USEFUL. Other substances cannot be used in the same way. I could do this any time, anywhere - and for a moment I would be able to handle anything. I already know that I will do it again, but I think I wil feel less lauditory about it tomorrow, when the fun has stopped, and I must deal with a night of poor sleep. The solution that might present itself is a line or two. And that is the problem, really.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11071
Published: Jun 2, 2003Views: 22,917
Cocaine (13) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)