Citation: Kaleida. "A Beautiful Road With A High Toll: An Experience with 5-MeO-EiPT (exp110646)". Erowid.org. Jul 14, 2017. erowid.org/exp/110646
||(powder / crystals)
| T+ 1:00
| T+ 7:25
||(pill / tablet)
| T+ 7:25
||(pill / tablet)
| T+ 10:25
||(pill / tablet)
This was my first experience on 5-MeO-EiPT. I decided to do this substance on this particular day because it was the first day that I had free to trip back in my apartment after having had to live elsewhere for a good while, and I wanted to do something that should be relatively manageable but still new and interesting. I have not been able to find that much written about 5-MeO-EiPT to make it sound all that great, but I was still undeterred in my curiosity due to the fact that 5-MeO-MiPT, which also does not appear to be that powerful of a hallucinogen for many people in normal doses, surprisingly gave me some of, if not the strongest visuals I've ever gotten on any psychedelic; note that they were not my favorite visuals of all if I was going simply by recreational desire, but they were unquestionably extremely significant. My thought and hope was that 5-MeO-EiPT for me might be able to make up for a potential lack of other remarkable qualities if it could just tap into this same wealth on hallucinogenic potential, and in the end I would say that I discovered I was quite right in thinking it would, but not without coming across a few other surprises along the way.
My previous experience with psychedelics includes DMT, MET, MiPT, DiPT, DALT, Psilocybe cubensis, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-EPT, 4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-McPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DALT, 5-HO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, Ipomoea tricolor, Argyreia nervosa, LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, 2C-B, 2C-I, DOC, and MDMA. My most recent trip on a psychedelic was a little under three months before this on 50 mg of 4-HO-McPT, and my most recent trip in general was a little over two weeks before this on 25 mg on 2'-Oxo-PCE.
- Shortly before this I had just gotten out of bed, and at this time I decided to eat a granola bar to make sure I would have at least a little something my stomach for the trip.
- 10 mg of 5-MeO-EiPT was ingested orally, and wow did it taste terrible, more so than most of these tryptamines I'm familiar with. Sensing it on my tongue for a second was all it took for the taste to spread throughout my entire mouth, and it took at least five or ten minutes to wash away.
- I have been out in the living room talking to roommate who is getting ready to leave to distract myself while coming up. I am definitely feeling a little bit wired, pacing around the apartment much more quickly than normal, but also yawning a bit, and getting a little bit of a queasy feeling in my stomach and some pins and needles in my extremities. Something is not quite right, but not quite wrong either, it's just an odd mix of pleasant and unpleasant qualities making themselves known. Shortly after this, I got a good burp in which temporarily helped with the queasiness. I also noticed some textures moving around faintly at this time, in a significant way that almost reminded me of coming up on a good dose of smoked DMT, but the effect was short-lived and did not keep my attention.
- I went to the bathroom and as with many, many tryptamines had some slight leg tremors making themselves known while I was relieving myself. As soon as I finished I started a hot shower for myself and hopped on in.
- I'm out of the bathroom and getting dressed, and trying to determine if anything has changed about my state as of yet. Not much as far as I Can tell.... Still mostly feeling just a little tingly and tight in the body.
- I started smoking a bowl of cannabis at the this point, and put on some music. I was a little disappointed that nothing seemed to be happening really even this far in, but I reminded myself that 5-MeO-MiPT can come in phases where the real psychedelia comes later on, and that this one could do something quite similar. In order to give myself more of a chance to release into the approaching experience instead of just monitoring it, I spent the next hour mostly just dancing and having fun rather than taking notes.
Due to the fact that I still had the energy from before I was able to move around quite easily, and despite the fact that my body felt fairly uncomfortable I was starting to feel some significant buzzing euphoria starting to spread throughout me as well, which really helped me get into the music more too. This is the point where I was having the most fun so far, but, notably, I could not help having the words on the EiPT page in TiHKAL echoing in my mind: 'What would it be like to be making love and vomiting at the same time?' I had a sudden feeling that this was the exact place I was in, and it only grew as time went on. First of all, I really was feeling sick due to the way my stomach felt, it just felt heavy and empty and overall uncomfortable, and I really did strongly feel that doing any more significant physical activity than this dancing would probably lead to a situation with it I really wouldn't want to be in.
Nonetheless, at the same I truly was feeling increasingly better with the euphoria, and the erotic aspect of the trip was now starting to make itself known, much more than it would have on most other tryptamines I'm familiar with, but not unlike others with an isopropyl tail I have taken. Unlike the orgasmic bliss of something like mushrooms, I now found myself in a state more alike the insatiable hedonism of LSD, though the imaginative imagery I got did remind me more of mushrooms just with this emotional twist, like at one point seeing a beautiful woman dressed in shiny hot pink latex to a backdrop of beautiful abstract psychedelic colors and corridors. Needless to say, this was the best effect I had gotten from the drug so far, and I could absolutely see it having extreme sexual potential if only the body load could be gotten around, but as I did feel currently I had no real desire for such a thing.
- I had another good burp at this time, and I could tell that the trip was finally starting to even out a bit more, maybe finally get to that second phase where things would be a little deeper, but there still wasn't much going on yet. I really did feel that there was a good drug hidden in all of this, the euphoria was very nice, the erotic aspect was great, my imagination was clearly very psychedelically enhanced, but I just really wasn't sure yet if it was worth how crappy my body felt
I just really wasn't sure yet if it was worth how crappy my body felt
for how light of a dose this was so far, or the fact that I would apparently have to go through two hours of it just to actually start really approaching the trip in the first place. Almost half an hour later when very little was still going on unprovoked I was starting to fear that this really wouldn't amount to much after all, which really surprised me given that 8 mg of 5-MeO-MiPT was all it took to give me that super visual experience. Not ready to give up completely yet, I decided to make one further attempt to sit back in a chair with my eyes closed and see what the colorful static always found in the darkness there would start to do.
The first thing I noticed was that despite the fact that there were no interesting colorful patterns or anything, that static seemed to be intensifying and rushing around at a rate far beyond where it would be if I were sober or just high. Crisscrossing lines became increasingly apparent within it all, and at that point I started to feel sure that I was indeed in some kind of tryptamine state, as it undeniably just like this sort of low dose static building state that I have gotten with MET or barely over threshold amounts of other powerful indoles. Then, suddenly, it took the next step, and I noticed that those moving lines were no longer simply straight edges, but were actually forming the edges of human silhouettes all now rushing around in the darkness before me. Given that this is something that I normally only experience on other powerful psychedelics, I took this as a sign that this was indeed the correct behavior to pursue at the moment, so I got up, took the bong into my bedroom, and laid down ready to meditate.
- In bed, I took a big hit of cannabis and then closed my eyes. This is definitely where the real show was hiding all along.... The visuals that I saw at this point were utterly extreme, just like what I had hoped for based on my experience with 5-MeO-MiPT, though with a notably distinct style. 5-MeO-MiPT's closed eye visuals, despite having a strong visionary component, were very heavily geometrically-focused for me, it was all about pure sensory overload and synesthesia to the point that it was almost shallow in way, as if it was more about simply remaining your normal self but being completely overwhelmed and amazed with utter aesthetic and exploratory delight, but not being actually sucked into the trip much from what I can recall, not unlike 4-HO-MET or other similar psychedelics in this way. 5-MeO-EiPT's visuals were also quite delighting to the senses, but not in nearly the same way; there was a much lower emphasis on complex geometry and patterns, largely being replaced for things like flashing and cascading colors that were nonetheless still incredibly intricate and intense, and the colors, though still vivid and varied, were not the same bright, rainbow designs that I often see on something like 4-HO-MET, and instead was a bit closer to the darker or less usual psychedelic color scheme of 4-HO-DET. However, also like 4-HO-DET compared to 4-HO-MET, I found the visionary potential of 5-MeO-EiPT to feel significantly greater than 5-MeO-MiPT, as whereas that seemed to primarily use them to accent the geometric overload, this put a great deal of focus on those human bodies rushing around, and also had a few animal visuals like snakes, alligators, or insects moving among the designs.
Overall, the visual experience felt highly reminiscent of a strong LSD-like state to me than 5-MeO-MiPT did, much more classically deep and powerful like it might lead to some significant states of ego dissolution or dissociative phenomena if pushed further, as opposed to how 5-MeO-MiPT felt much more like some kind of lucid breakthrough visual trip. I found myself incredibly interested in wanting to push it as deep as it possibly go, but, sadly, as this was still a low dose and I was only getting to bring this much out through treating it right and meditating with some cannabis, I knew that it was doomed to only have a short run at this intensity, and indeed after about seven minutes of this these visuals started returning back to the simple darkness behind my eyelids. I wanted them to stay at least a bit longer, but I knew there was no point in fighting it, so I opened my eyes and sat up. Notably, however, I was given one last treat when I did: brief, but extremely intense open eye visuals, not quite patterning on surfaces but a specifically patterned way that my reality was warping and melting, in a way also very similar and similarly detailed to what I got on 5-MeO-MiPT, but more transparent and with a sightly more unusual color scheme than I'm used to on psychedelics. They were quite beautiful, but also a bit disorienting as the first thing I tried to do was read a text from a friend, but the text on my phone wouldn't stay still at all for a good few minutes.
- The open eye visuals have calmed down and largely faded into the background now, though I can still get some slight pulsing and seeing the ceiling textures sliding around and slightly colorful if I look for it. Mostly though, I now just feel very psychedelically intoxicated again and am enjoying going back to listening to music, though I have started to develop a bit of a headache.
- While in the midst of typing out a text to a friend, I hallucinated a spider jumping into my peripheral vision near my hand, and instantly pulled it back out of a fear reflex. Immediately I noticed there was no actual spider.... Odd, that kind of thing usually doesn't happen to me on psychedelics like this. Suddenly reports of people experiencing psychosis on 5-MeO-DiPT or true hallucinations on 5-MeO-MiPT don't seem too out of the question.
- Though I was alone, I decided to try out the sexual aspect of this drug for myself. My imagination was still beautifully intensified in the way producing the same sort of colorful imagery as I had seen with the woman in latex before, though controlled now instead of just showing my visionary imagery, and physically sensations were very nicely enhanced. During the actual act of masturbating my body load all but vanished from my mind, and once the orgasm came, very fully and satisfying I might add with lots of moaning and a bit of laughter, I felt completely perfect for a short period afterward. Sex would definitely help stave off the body load of this drug as I've heard that it could for 5-MeO-DiPT, but that wouldn't really help much during the hallucinogenic peak which seemed much more suited for a different kind of experience to me.
- I took another shower to help myself relax, and then after I got out I started doing some laundry. There really wasn't much going on with the trip still to talk about at this point, but I definitely did still feel out of it and was enjoying a good amount of music-induced euphoria, but was also still combating some tightness in the body and the occasional uncomfortable burp.
- Around this time I finished up listening to music, stared at the ceiling for a moment to see the textures still moving around a bit, and then ordered some Mexican food and started watching things on Netflix. As far as I was concerned, the trip was pretty much over at this point.
- I have been enjoying my evening, but my body still feel like crap, so I take 30 mg of codeine and 300 mg of acetaminophen in an attempt to smooth it out. This helped a bit, though I did still feel a bit off. I ended up dosing on another 30 mg pill at T+10:25
, made the most of my last couple hours of the night, and then headed off to bed.
I wish I could say that that's where the body load ended, but this 5-MeO-EiPT really wasn't ready to let go. It took me at least two days to really start feeling totally normal again, and my legs took a particularly long time to stop feeling sore; in the end, it almost felt like I had been poisoned and needed to slowly recover. This was only luckily slightly offset by the fact that I also did detect some antidepressant effect after the trip, as for the next couple days I was also quite manic and excited about things. Now, four days later, I am feeling finally about back to normal in most ways, with just a slight inclination towards to the positive since I still have the memory of the psychedelic aspects of the trip in my mind.
So, that was my first experience with 5-MeO-EiPT. I would have to say that ultimately this dose was not worth the body load for the desirable effects I got, in the sense that I definitely wouldn't put myself through it again just to get the same kind of payoff, but I am glad to have done it once just to understand this substance better. I honestly feel that 5-MeO-EiPT could be a very powerful and deep psychedelic, definitely more so than 5-MeO-MiPT despite that one being far more overtly visual for me, if only it could be properly managed and enjoyed. Of course, I personally got a really bad body load from it, but I also got a similarly bad body load from things like DOC and AL-LAD, which others are able to enjoy just fine without any such complaints, so as with anything I'm sure that the effects will vary a lot from person to person, and technically I suppose I could say that if anyone out there usually gets both very significant psychedelic effects and very insignificant body loads from this particular family of tryptamines, then this could very well be a perfect molecule for you. I just wouldn't get your hopes up that it will be so easy until you've tried it yourself....
Despite the difficulty, I do intend to take this one again, at an even higher dose if I can work my way up to it. I've recently taken it upon myself to set a goal of continuing to pursue these heavy body load psychedelics without hesitation until I finally figure out the perfect way to enjoy them, so the fact that one in was also so particularly enticing to me in terms of its psychedelic effects will make good motivation for that, and hopefully, even if I'm not able to find a way to work around the body load after all, it will still at least make for an intense and interesting trip story after the fact.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.