Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Extremely Unexpected
alpha-PHP
by Eh
Citation:   Eh. "Extremely Unexpected: An Experience with alpha-PHP (exp110638)". Erowid.org. Jun 20, 2017. erowid.org/exp/110638

30 mg oral alpha-PHP (capsule)
  T+ 0:30   insufflated alpha-PHP (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   repeated insufflated alpha-PHP (powder / crystals)

Although new to experimentation with research chemicals, I have been trying new substances since age 15. Iím not a psychonaut, and prefer cannabis over anything else. My prior experiences include cannabis, alprazolam, amphetamine (Adderall, powder), hydrocodone, dextromethorphan, cocaine, dextroamphetamine, dextromethamphetamine (oral), MDMA, alcohol, tobacco, and synthetic cannabinoids.

When I wasnít on probation, (for cannabis possession) I would smoke cannabis daily and take Vyvanse on and off for school, not to be productive, but because I loved the even more euphoric excitement of learning. All the other substances were taken during high school years for experimentation and recreation.
Once again facing urinalysis after being charged with possession of cannabis, I hesitantly began to research various research chemicals online. I settled on ordering two via the non-clearnet, ethylphenidate and alpha-PHP with the purpose of filling the Vyvanse niche for occasional classroom euphoria.

After being too scared to touch them for a few weeks, I decided to test what I thought was the friendlier chemical, a-PHP. It was crystalline, and I filled about 30 mg into a capsule and ingested at approx. 2 p.m.
Not feeling much more than slightly more alert, I decided to crush some and insufflated a ~15 mg line about 30 to 45 minutes later. I felt a rush and a significant ďWowĒ feeling, similar to what I had felt from cocaine, which I had only sampled twice, courtesy of a friend. This is where things get tricky. I had 1 gram and was eyeballing the lines, and about 15 minutes later I again laid out a similar line. I repeated this process, sometimes leaving gaps as long as 2 hours, sometimes doing 2 slightly smaller lines at a time. I was able to function well for the rest of the day.

By nightfall, I wasnít even enjoying the sensation at all anymore. But I kept sniffing lines.
I wasnít even enjoying the sensation at all anymore. But I kept sniffing lines.
My nose was not used to sniffing and from what Iíve read a-PHP is very caustic but I didnít mind it. The most noticeable effect I experience was sexual urgency which was simply disappointing, it isnít even on the same planet as the feeling of empathogens taken with someone else.

I stayed up all night redosing, but more frequently. I laid off in the morning. By the afternoon, I was tired and decided to do a small dose to hold me until nightfall. But once it was night, I was redosing again and again and the exact same scenario as the night before repeated itself. I felt like absolute shit in the morning and decided this shit was terrible. I laid it aside to flush later. I did redose one last time about 5 pm that day because I need to drive and didnít want to fall asleep while driving.

I finally fell asleep that night around mid-night. I woke repeatedly and only slept for about 7 hours. I flushed it as soon as I got out of bed. I was feeling much better the day after that after another full nightís sleep.
During this binge I ruined a pair of contacts from staring at a computer screen and by the end of the third day awake I couldnít even force my eyes to focus on anything unless I dosed. Needless to say this was a nightmare and I can see how this a-PHP can turn someone who has had no problems with addiction to anything into a full-blown junkie. Iím glad I had the willpower to flush this crap before it ruined my life. No one is immune to addiction.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 110638
Published: Jun 20, 2017Views: 5,360
α-PHP (677) : Multi-Day Experience (13), First Times (2), Alone (16)