Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
My Legs Wouldn't Work
Amanitas
by Mycological
Citation:   Mycological. "My Legs Wouldn't Work: An Experience with Amanitas (exp110628)". Erowid.org. May 18, 2019. erowid.org/exp/110628

20 g oral Amanitas (fresh)

Upstate New York Has a Strong Mushroom

Was driving by a max security prison with big wall in upste N.Y. Under the pines I noticed a bunch of yellow A's from the car. Same as the red ones just yellow to orange.

I stopped, picked, brought home and cooked in some oil garlic butter. Yum! They are a good tasting mushroom. I've eaten dried ones 4 times before with good strong, controlled results at the 10 gram mark. So I ate about 20 grams fresh (1 huge cap 4 regular) so I wasn't too worried.

About 45 minutes later I was quickly overwhelmed with complete delusion. Fight or flight kicked in, I walked outside and was just amazed and stupefied by my surroundings. Rite away started to have strong thoughts I was fading out and dieing but I wasn't too scared, more interested. Tried to walk to the end of the driveway and collapsed because my legs kept completely buckling.
I made it back to my front door and could not manage the 2 steps required. I somewhat remember my neighbor comming out to assist me, but she was just a complete elongated robot to me and I have not seen her since. I remember my legs wouldn't work and I had these closed eye scenerios that were completley bizarre.

The scary part was I woke from the dream state 8 or so hours later with puke near my head which I've never had happen. I worked the next day but felt nausea until I ate. Definitely had an afterglow. I could think straight and felt good in general all day. Weird contrast to the nausea and scary death thoughts.

I have a whole new respect for them now. The first ones I picked and ate were not nearly as strong, so be careful. The yellows can be just as potent as the Alaska or Washington State ones for sure.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 110628
Published: May 18, 2019Views: 460
Amanitas (5), Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Alone (16), General (1)