Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Everything's Amazing...Then Crash and Burn
Amphetamines (Dexedrine)
by Peche
Citation:   Peche. "Everything's Amazing...Then Crash and Burn: An Experience with Amphetamines (Dexedrine) (exp110229)". Erowid.org. May 1, 2020. erowid.org/exp/110229

T+ 0:00
20 mg oral Amphetamines (ground / crushed)
  T+ 11:50 5 mg oral Melatonin  


A couple months ago I tried dexedrine, and felt nothing. Took 30mg of the spansules and didn't feel high at all. I decided they probably just weren't for me, I had always used downers so I figured I'm probably just more of a downer girl...well after 5 hours of sleep and nothing better to do, I thought I'd give them another try...worst that can happen is they dont work, right?

4:20 pm: I grind up the contents of two 10mg spansules with a pestle and mortar, then dissolve the resulting powder in water, doesn't taste great but I've had worse. Doing this SHOULD have made it an instant dose. I then sit on my bed with my laptop out and wait for the effects to hit me.

4:22 pm: I think I feel a slight change, this is when I decide I should watch the clock.

4:45 pm: Definitely starting to feel it now, its like there are shivers going down my scalp and I can't stop laughing at absolutely nothing. I tell my friend I love her probably about 10 times through text, hell I love everyone right now! The world feels brighter and happier and I love every bit of it. I'm very euphoric and my brains moving faster than I can type, irritatingly enough.

5:10 pm: I go out on a walk with my brother, I had been suppressing laughter all the way till I was out the door so my parents wouldn't get suspicious. My scalp is still crawling and I'm talking at 90 mph
My scalp is still crawling and I'm talking at 90 mph
, my brother says he's glad I'm high because he didn't know what to talk about. Still very euphoric and happy.

5:30 pm: I walked into subway to pee (the first of many pee's might I add), and as I'm looking into the mirror I realize that my pupils are very dilated. My mouth is also really dry but that doesnt bother me at this point.

Me and him were out for about an hour and 20 minutes. I felt light and carefree and bubbly for most of the walk, I even went on for maybe 10 minutes about how much I love my friends, how amazing my friends are, and how much I love the world. I'm even extra friendly and sweet to the cashier at the convenience store and the guy who held the door open for me when he left. It isn't until the last ten minutes of the walk that I start acting weird and decide that we have to take some side roads to avoid people, even though just five minutes ago I had asked a stranger if I could pet his dog and carried on a short conversation, I think this is where the come down effects where starting to take action. When I think back to the walk it feels like a blurr, like the memories are sped up...I guess they do call it speed.

6:45 pm: We get home and I notice the effects have faded, although I still believe I'm slightly high. An easy come down, I think, to a great experience.

7:15 pm: Its like I ran into a brick wall. I'm exhausted and slightly irritable. I decide to take a 10 mg spansual, this time without grinding them up, to give myself a little lift and to (hopefully) combat the intensity of the come down.

7:45 pm: My mood has picked up and my scalp is crawling again. I start listening to music and browse tumblr. My mom comes in to offer me and my brother food, for some reason this makes me really mad and I impatiently wait for her to leave after saying I wasnt hungry.

Some how I spend the next 45 minutes switching between snapchat, Instagram, tumblr, and YouTube. By now I'm feeling relatively normal again, not euphoric but not down.

8:38 pm: My friend calls and asks to hang out, I impatiently check with my mom to see if its okay and then leave around 9.

I still feel pretty normal, I doubt I seemed high. I did tell him that I had taken it earlier on and I get a short speech about how I need to be careful, then he went on for a bit about how it is pretty nice for doing schoolwork on. I'm hoping I don't crash again before getting home.

From 9 - 10:30 pm I smoke two cigarettes, I don't think this affected the high though. I do, however, have horrible cotton mouth again, I think the cigarettes worsened that.

11:00 pm: I get home, I feel shaky and anxious, the same way I do if I've had too much caffeine.
I feel shaky and anxious, the same way I do if I've had too much caffeine.
I'm glad that the shakiness mostly set in once I was home rather than on the walk back. I don't think its because of my friend, but rather just the fact I'm coming down. I smoke a cigarette to try and calm my nerves, it helps slightly but that may have been psychological. I notice around this point that my heart is beating pretty fast and hard.

11pm - 12am: Still kind of anxious, my stomach is upset, I'm exhausted again, and my mouth is like a desert. A friend I was texting tells me to sleep, drink water and eat something. I drink more water.

12:15 am: I go to bed, but I cant sleep. I don't really want to. I do more research on dexedrine come downs.

1 - 6:20 am: I switch between not wanting to sleep at all and desperately wanting to fall asleep. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try to sleep, I just hit a wall of blackness and then my eyes open again. By 3am I am ravenously hungry so I eat something, which in turn causes my stomach to be upset briefly, but about an hour later it feels like my stomach is trying to eat itself again. I also take 5mg of melatonin at 3:30 am to try and help myself fall asleep, unfortunately I am out of any benzo's otherwise I would've used one of those to knock myself out. Around 6:20 in the morning I finally fall asleep.

9:45 am: My cat woke me up, I've really only gotten around 3 hours of sleep so I'm pissed at her. Going to try and sleep more.

10:34 am: I never got back to sleep, and now that I'm rather hungry (I didn't eat much at all yesterday when I think about it) I'm not sure if I will. The only problem is I have things to do today that I'd rather not be exhausted for...I've already considered taking more dexedrine several times today but that'd be a bad idea, and if anything I should try to sleep a more instead of drugging myself. My biggest obstacle to sleeping right now is how hungry I am.

Overall, the trip was amazing, I probably will do dexedrine again in all honesty, just maybe on a day where I know I can relax later. Will probably also try to have more prepared for the comedown so when it hits I can deal better. If there wasn't the major burnout at the end, this drug would probably be a heaven sent. I would want to use it every day, all the time, and I know I'd be addicted in no time. Luckily the comedown is a pretty good deterrent...It will probably be a month or so before the comedown feeling fades from my mind and all I'm left with is a desire to have the high. Will need to write myself a note: 'Peche, the comedown is awful
the comedown is awful
. Prepare for it or you will feel like death. Also you might not get any sleep, regardless of how tired you feel.' Yeah, that sounds about right.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 110229
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: May 1, 2020Views: 1,100
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Amphetamines (6) : Various (28), Hangover / Days After (46), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults