Can Never Be Under or Overestimated
Poppy Seed Tea
by Psyqotiq
Citation:   Psyqotiq. "Can Never Be Under or Overestimated: An Experience with Poppy Seed Tea (exp110084)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2017. erowid.org/exp/110084

3 cups oral Poppies - Opium (tea)
  0.5 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (pill / tablet)

My Experience With Tea

Iíve been experimenting with poppy seed tea since high school. Now Iím 22 and I would consider myself a full blown opiate addict. For several years after high school I was using hydroís and the occasional percocet or something. Then I moved on to 100mcg fentanyl patches and heroin.

I spent months on suboxone (several times) and tried to get on methadone, but because I receive a script for 4mg of Klonopin per day (which I absolutely cannot function without) for social anxiety I was always denied at the clinics. I moved to a different state around age 21 with my girlfriend and found that the doctors down here had almost no knowledge of my medical history from my previous state.

Long story shortÖ.I quickly got myself prescribed six 60mg codeine pills, four 350mg soma tabs, 6mg of klonopin, 25mg of promethazine, and even 30mg of temazepam, all per day. Letís just say I found the south much more liberal when it comes to prescription narcotics.
I found the south much more liberal when it comes to prescription narcotics.

My biggest issue has been making my codeine scripts last me the full month, which in turn leaves me in withdrawal and sick every few weeks. Itís a shitty way to live. Anyways, this last time I was wracking my brain for a solution and decided to see if I could find any bulk poppy seeds in my area. I did...and I started with a pound. It eased the withdrawals a bit, but I didnít get much out of it. Iím in the process of preparing 3lbs now, which I hope yields better results. The experience:

Iíve got the 3lbs of seeds in a big one gallon jug with a screw cap on it (like a 1 gallon soda bottle). Iíve added about a cup of lemon juice, 5 packets of propel powder mix (for the citric acid), and warm tap water to about 2 inches above the seeds. Iíve been shaking the jug on and off for about 20 minutes now and will probably strain it out through the cap in another 10 or 15. Iíve been using this recipe/method of making tea for years now and simply havenít found one that yields better results. Also, I ate 4 tums about 30 minutes ago and plan to eat 0.5mg of Klonopin during consumption of the tea.

Iíve just strained out the liquid after about 30 minutes of on and off shaking. I now have about three 16oz coffee cups full of brownish liquid. Note, I always add a nice squirt of Mio water flavoring to each cup after Iíve strained the liquid which helps the taste tremendously. Itís 8:30PM. Iíll report back later.

Iíve got one cup down. Iíve never done anything over 1.5lbs, so Iím hoping for a good effect, but not holding my breath. Poppy seed tea can never be under or overestimated. The seeds had an extremely strong earthy smell and there were many small pieces from the actual poppy plant mixed in, so I know they werenít washed at least.

Itís been about 10 minutes since Iíve finished all three cups. I feel a slight buzz, but nothing major. Iíll probably wait another 30 minutes or so and rewash the seeds or use another pound of unwashed seeds if I donít get anything more from it. PLEASE BE AWARE, I HAVE A HUGE TOLERANCE TO OPIATES. This is not a safe quantity and I would never recommend it. The quality of the seeds and where I get them from make a large difference.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 110084
Published: Mar 9, 2017Views: 5,872
Poppies - Opium (43) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)