Before and After
LSD & Escitalopram (Lexapro)
by Lady
Citation:   Lady. "Before and After: An Experience with LSD & Escitalopram (Lexapro) (exp109504)". Erowid.org. Nov 18, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109504

15 mg oral Pharms - Escitalopram (daily)

So far I have tripped a few times in the last year, once before I was on medication and then again after.

Both times I took 1 tab around 10 am. My first trip was very intense, I was out camping and had an incredible experience being in nature. At the time my anxiety and depression was in a pretty good state so I felt safe to trip even with my mental health conditions. I had quite a few good days and there was nothing heavy weighing on my mind. The entire trip was positive. I didnít want to sit back and do too much thinking, that was one specific goal I had discussed with my boyfriend just to be safe, but the day was full of exciting activities so I never got stuck in my own head. It certainly helped to be with my boyfriend for the day. He knows my conditions very well and knows what to do if I ever need help (even while tripping). This made me feel incredibly safe so if things started to go south I wouldnít be lost in my mind.

My second trip was a few weeks ago. Iíve been on Lexapro for about 6 months now and my current dose is 15 mg taken at night. Again, I took one tab and embarked on a fantastic adventure. I did notice my trip was less intense. The first time I felt like I was on another planet and the second time I was much more aware of my surroundings. I did notice my visuals were less by a lot, but I definitely felt the feeling of being on a trip. It felt more emotional than visual.
I was able to do a little more thinking this time and got to look at my depression from another angle. However, I felt very safe to do this and I conversed with my boyfriend about it beforehand to make sure we were on the same page and he could keep an eye out.

I did not notice any after effects of the acid on my depression/anxiety on my first trip. However after the second one, it relieved my symptoms for about 2 days and then I had a bout of depression for about a week that was stronger than usual.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109504
Published: Nov 18, 2016Views: 5,361
LSD (2), Pharms - Escitalopram (304) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Depression (15), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)