New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Warp Speed
Salvia divinorum
by doorsofperception
Citation:   doorsofperception. "Warp Speed: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp10938)". Erowid.org. May 31, 2018. erowid.org/exp/10938

1 bowl smoked Salvia divinorum (leaves)

I had tried salvia before and nothing really amazing ever happened. I saw mild visual distortions for about three hours and felt like my brain was being sucked up. It was almost like being on the verge of something great but never reaching it. However, late one evening the tide changed...

It was late at night and I was at relative's house. I had a crazy day and just finished watching JFK on the anniversary of the assassination. The movie made me feel depressed about my country and sad about how things had become so anti-democratic. In this state of mind, I felt maybe I should try some salvia, get some perspective on my daily experience perhaps. I ventured outside in the almost pitch blackness and wandered up this mountain trail near the house. I got out my pipe and packed it full with dried salvia leaves, and took several hits, holding the smoke in my lungs for long periods of time. It hit me instantly, like a mack truck slaming into a girl scout, throwing her cookies in the direction of the five sacred winds. My mind was moving at warp speed. Everything melted, and I shoot up towards the sky skipping with the stars. Then I feel back and danced with the spirits of the great American tribe. It was like taking a trip into another world. It reminded me on the glory of outer space, and how we as humans haven't even touched what we are capable of experiencing. Salvia was like tasting, if only for a breath moment, the edge of the universe. It was a great journey, one that I will take again perhaps... some distant day.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10938
Published: May 31, 2018Views: 663
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Mystical Experiences (9), Unknown Context (20)