Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Caffeine Sweats
Caffeine
by AndrewR
Citation:   AndrewR. "Caffeine Sweats: An Experience with Caffeine (exp10931)". Erowid.org. Oct 29, 2003. erowid.org/exp/10931

oral Caffeine (cookie / food)

I never, ever drink coffee, tea, coca-cola or any other caffeine containing drinks. I don't like thermally hot drinks and can't stand the taste of coke. So I could be classed as a caffeine virgin. Occasionally (once or twice a year?) I would have a cup of black coffee to help me study all night... It always made me feel pretty rotten.

One Christmas when I was around 17 I got a bag of chocolate covered coffee bean sweets. They were pretty nice. Very nice in fact and I kept dipping into them. By the time it was go to to bed I'd had the whole bag of them. Not an inconsiderable amount - in fact I would estimate it was the equivalent of over 15 cups of coffee. I had no intention at all of getting high, in fact this never crossed my mind. However, when I got to bed I could not sleep at all. I was incredibly restless, I had terrible sweats and my mind was racing. I felt sick. I probably got to sleep at about 4 am. I am still off the coffee and this wasn't an experience I want to repeat but thought it was worth reporting to show how potent caffeine can be.

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 10931
Published: Oct 29, 2003Views: 7,551
Caffeine (11) : Overdose (29), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)