Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
My Social Anxiety Savior Becomes My Enemy
Gabapentin & Cannabis
by Angelina
Citation:   Angelina. "My Social Anxiety Savior Becomes My Enemy: An Experience with Gabapentin & Cannabis (exp109191)". Erowid.org. Sep 29, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109191

800 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin
    smoked Cannabis
    smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I had taken gabapentin before in high doses, especially when I was getting off of Xanax. It helped with the withdrawal and gave me a high not the same but almost as good as benzos. Lately more than ever I've been more into smoking weed heavily (every day, usually multiple times a day).

My tolerance goes up fairly quickly with this drug and I had been taking 1200-2400 mg to get an increase in social skills and overall feeling of well being. One day I took a measly 800 and went about my day, and ended up going to a friend's house. Her and her boyfriend smoke too and so we lit up a blunt. This weed wasn't even good, it was high mids and compared to what I usually smoke it shouldn't have even gotten me high. I felt the effects of both the gabapentin and weed kick in after smoking. This combination amplifies both of the highs. I sat on the porch just smoking a cigarette and began to feel super out of it.

I went into the kitchen and got a glass of water and sat down and that is when it really hit me. I couldn't talk to anyone or listen to what anyone was saying to me at first and then my hearing completely went out. It felt like everything i was hearing was muffled through water
It felt like everything i was hearing was muffled through water
or like someone had their hands over my ears. With gabapentin I notice I do sometimes stumble but I completely lost all coordination and puked all over the table ran to the bathroom and puked some more. Immediately after I felt 100% fine and completely sober. Keep in mind this was only 10-15 minutes since smoking. I felt bad for puking and really couldn't believe that had just happened.

I gave my friend 2400 mg of the pills about a week after and we smoked together and he had the same vomiting and sick experience. I smoked while taking gabapentin once more, this time with 1200 mg and a 2 gram blunt of some good weed and felt sick and rested my head on the toilet feeling like I was going to puke for about 10 minutes but felt great afterwards.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109191
Published: Sep 29, 2016Views: 9,156
Pharms - Gabapentin (183), Cannabis (1) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)