Major Sensations Faded Within an Hour
Capsicum spp. - Ghost Pepper
by The Collector
Citation:   The Collector. "Major Sensations Faded Within an Hour: An Experience with Capsicum spp. - Ghost Pepper (exp109108)". Erowid.org. Sep 7, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109108

1 Tbsp oral Capsicum spp.

I consumed one tablespoon of crushed Ghost Chili or Bhut jolokia mixed with a small amount of vinegar. I had rarely eaten anything spicy before this point.

The sensations were as follows:
Burning of the mouth and lips. 0-10 min.
Hiccups 0-5 min.
A cold feeling running down my right arm to my hand. 1 min.
Vascular dilation/ redness and warmth in the face. 1-10 min.
A warm sensation in the esophagus and stomach. 1-20 min.
The obvious sensations subsided and I almost forgot about it. 20-30 min.
I started to notice an intense euphoria and giddiness bordering on personality change. 30-60min.

Above times are listed in timeline format. Time from ingestion start to finish.

After I noticed the alteration to my personality I actively tried to resist it. All major sensations faded
within an hour of ingestion. A mild feeling of lack of stress and being O.K. with everything lasted until the pepper completely passed my digestion. Minor forms of the above symptoms recurred during digestion, and upon exit.

All repeat experiences with equal or greater amounts produced less effects mostly in the euphoria giddiness.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 109108
Published: Sep 7, 2016Views: 2,567
Capsicum spp. (420) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)