Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Honestly Not a Recreational Drug at All
Quetiapine
by Danadoo
Citation:   Danadoo. "Honestly Not a Recreational Drug at All: An Experience with Quetiapine (exp108971)". Erowid.org. Aug 23, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108971

1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (daily)
  600 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (daily)

Let me begin by explaining why I take Seroquel in the first place. I am diagnosed as having bipolar disorder, and Seroquel is one of the many medications I take to stay sane. I've been taking it daily for the last 10 years, and it has literally been a lifesaver for me and controls my symptoms like a champ. That being said, I would NEVER take this during the day, this is strictly a before bed med for me. I take a rather high dose, but have experienced uncomfortable side effects and just about any dose. The most uncomfortable and disturbing aspects of this medication are feeling as though I'm covered in a lead blanket...my body just seems unnaturally heavy.
...my body just seems unnaturally heavy.
I also have a very difficult time trying to articulate what I'm trying to say, and have definitely felt like an idiot when trying to speak to others.

The most disturbing aspect of this drug are the auditory hallucinations. For me, it always sounds like there is a radio playing somewhere nearby, it sounds like announcers speaking, but I can't make out a word they're saying. I sometimes hear very faint music playing as well.

All in all, I take Seroquel as close to bed time as possible because I hate how it makes me feel. I'm old, and I've been around the block. I've tried all the 'fun' drugs in my lifetime, and I promise you, this is not fun. It blows my mind when I heard that these were being sold on the street for recreational use!

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108971
Published: Aug 23, 2016Views: 6,629
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : Not Applicable (38), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), General (1)