Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
A Pleasantly Surprising High
Wormwood
by PenguinMckenna
Citation:   PenguinMckenna. "A Pleasantly Surprising High: An Experience with Wormwood (exp108760)". Erowid.org. Jul 23, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108760

2 bowls smoked Wormwood (dried)

I had read about wormwood's psychoactive effects, and was curious. Marijuana is expensive in my area, and my dealers are unreliable, so I figured wormwood was worth a shot especially given how cheap it is. I ordered an ounce of ground wormwood herb for $2.50 online.

When it came I was surprised by the pungent and pickled smell of the herb. It smelled fairly disgusting, and I was tentative to smoke it. However, the herb burns extremely well and is pleasant when smoked. Once I started it burning it kept burning unlike marijuana. This is actually convenient, but it should be noted.

After I took a few hits I definitely noticed a change in consciousness much like marijuana, but milder. I smoked two bowls in total. When I went inside, I felt what could be described as a mellow marijuana high. After fifteen minutes I was really feeling it. It was different, in the sense that I was more clearheaded. I turned on some tunes and chilled for the hour, until my mom came home. I was easily able to hold a conversation with her, and if anything was more open and more pleasant. The high faded two hours after initial consumption, but I felt relaxed and mellow for the rest of the day.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108760
Published: Jul 23, 2016Views: 1,699
Wormwood (50) : First Times (2), Alone (16)