Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Temporary Vegetable State
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Temporary Vegetable State: An Experience with 3-MEO-PCE (exp108709)". Erowid.org. Jun 15, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108709

T+ 0:00
160 mg oral 3-MEO-PCE (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:10 5 mg oral Etizolam (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:10 0.5 mg oral Clonazolam (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   oral Etizolam  
  T+ 0:00   oral Clonazolam  


Earlier that night: 140mg 4-FMA (oral), speed (insufflated), GHB (oral)
T- (3-5) hours: 200mg 3-MMC (oral)
T+ 0 (around 7am Sunday morning): 160mg 3-MEO-PCE (oral)
T+ 10min: 5mg Etizolam, 0.5mg Clonazolam (oral)
T+ ?: redoses of Etizolam and Clonazolam (oral)

This is a report that I'm typing for other people who have themselves had an overdose of 3-MEO-PCE or who have friends that had one.

In the early morning of a great party at home with some friends a bag of 3-MEO-PCE and 3-MMC got mixed up. I will not go into how this happened as it does not matter. A friend weighed out 160mg of what he thought was 3-MMC but ended up to be 3-MEO-PCE and so this story begins...

After about 10 minutes I recall there being a discussion about the bags potentially begin mixed-up. I myself did some quick googling for other people that had ingested these kind of amounts of 3-MEO-PCE but could not find much (the main reason of writing this). I cannot remember much else from before except everything starting to feel extremely dissociative.

From this point on I have to rely mainly on what my friends told me afterwards. When it was clear that I really had consumed an overdose they responded quickly and prepped me with Etizolam and Clonazolam. I was put to bed together with the other friend that had consumed the same dose. The following hours we were watched over by our friends. The told me we both had extreme muscle spasms, rapid involuntary eye movement and were in a sort of psychotic state. I can remember wanting to sit up but was unable to do so. One of my friends repeatedly put me back down which seemed to calm me for a few minutes.

One of the first things I could remember was sitting on the sofa in the early evening. I could see and hear but could not process any of it. With waves I could think somewhat and started to feel really scared. I barely moved and felt overwhelmingly hopeless. With me being able to think a little I started to feel like a vegetable that was trapped in my own body, unable to communicate with the outside world. As the time progressed the idea of this being forever grew and thus I got more scared. Eventually I could smoke and drink water with some help but I still could not really talk or process any of my senses.

A little bit later I remember turning my head and looking at one of my friends. This was the first face I recognized in hours and I could see the worry on her face. This comforted me a bit because I vaguely knew I was being looked after. As my thinking ability got slowly better I got more worried about this being permanent and never being the same again and I eventually broke down and just started crying.
As my thinking ability got slowly better I got more worried about this being permanent and never being the same again and I eventually broke down and just started crying.
It probably was the extreme mental strain, being extremely tired (at this moment I still had not slept, even with the enormous amount of benzo's) and my just wanting it to be over.

This carried on for a while until I could make clear that I needed to use the bathroom. My friend carried me to the toilet and after that I could say that I wanted to lie down. I was carried to bed and finally fell to sleep.

The morning after I woke up at around 8am with a substantial hangover. The friends where the party was at asked me how I was feeling and started to fill me in about what happened. After a few hours I was able to drive home and I slept the rest of the morning.

I'm writing this the Tuesday after the incident. I don't seem to have suffered any permanent damage. My thought are still a bit cloudy and I have some pain in my bladder but both are getting better by the day. My friend also seems to be ok as well.

I believe that the Etizolam and Clonazolam really saved me from having a full on psychosis and I feel really lucky having such great friends that did the best the could have possibly done. Some may think that calling an ambulance would be a better course of action but with 3-MEO-PCE being so unknown I think that they could not have done anything better. Coming down in a familiar environment with people I could at least vaguely recognize was the only thing that was mildly comforting.

Overall this was a horrible experience but I'm very happy to be alive and almost my old self again. I hope this serves as a source of information for other people experiencing something similar so that they know that everything can be alright after a few days.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108709
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 25 
Published: Jun 15, 2016Views: 4,516
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
3-MEO-PCE (536) : Overdose (29), Hangover / Days After (46), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults