Not Recreational but Not Useles
Hydroxyzine
by godzillaman
Citation:   godzillaman. "Not Recreational but Not Useles: An Experience with Hydroxyzine (exp108503)". Erowid.org. May 21, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108503

50 mg oral Hydroxyzine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:10 25 mg oral Hydroxyzine (pill / tablet)

Some background: I was prescribed 25mg Hydroxyzine for sleep. I haven't had an experience with it before, and earlier I had taken Klonopin (early enough for it to have stopped working, however). I have pretty high baseline anxiety, which is why I think I may have gotten some of the effects I did. On with the report.

Two 25mg Hydroxyzine green pills.

10m: mild sedation. Limbs a little heavy. Decide to take another.

15m: time is moving by pretty quickly. Maybe it's just cause it's a drug I haven't tried yet; I'm excited for the effects. Regardless, noticable reduction in anxiety and noticable sedation. Similar to benadryl or promethazine, but not nearly as rough or abrasive.

My mood also feels lifted. I'm unsure if that's related or not. I had read that it can cause mild euphoria (somehow, indirectly or directly by acting on the dopamine receptor, which is likely wrong), so this could very well be a placebo.

20m: I notice it's a little moreish. Might just be cause I like sedation. That being said, I'm feeling talkative. It's also not quite strong enough to knock me out like a benzo or maybe even promethazine, but it's sedating. Very relaxing. I had just woken up when I dosed, as a result, I'm not knocked off my ass tired.

25m: Headache and dry mouth but still decently enjoyable.

35m: I boot up M&BW and can't stop remarking how fun it is. Fuck you, Swadia.

1hr: Seems to have balanced out. Very low, if any anxiety. I've got a headache, though. This drug would be perfect for relaxing on a weekend or something, but nothing of huge recreational value. Decent replacement for benzos, which give you some good vibes if you have anxiety anyways, and I feel that's the case here. I'll update one more time before I go pull this to a close.

8h: Well, it knocked me the fuck out. So much for that. Woke up really groggy, but a cup of coffee took care of that. Time absolutely flew by, remarkably fast, and I'm probably gonna end up taking them from time to time when things get boring.

Definitely not the most potent or fun drug, but it's a drug nonetheless. It's worth it if I just want to sleep or relax for a little bit.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108503
Published: May 21, 2016Views: 57,984
Hydroxyzine (570) : Medical Use (47), General (1), Alone (16)