Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Pink Panic
Carbon Dioxide
by TheSYNer
Citation:   TheSYNer. "Pink Panic: An Experience with Carbon Dioxide (exp108250)". Erowid.org. Apr 6, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108250

2 breaths inhaled Carbon Dioxide (gas)

I have been searching for a place, a headspace. Not the pleasant dreamy world of mescaline acetate or the melting landscape of Morning Glory seeds, and surely not the empty-headed land of cannabis. No, my journey has lead me down a seedier path. One where a 'bad trip' may very well be the most likely and even the preferred outcome. This is a space of divination and spiritual awakening. A place of awe and even terror.

I have been interested in carbogen for quite a while, but never really gotten anywhere with it. It is said that the ancients would enter pungent hollows in the Earth and see fantastical visions. It has been theorized that these visions are a result of our ancestors breathing in CO2 and other gases from deep within the Earth. Recently, I have resumed my own experiments with CO2.

Carbon dioxide was made by reacting sodium bicarbonate (Baking soda) and acetic acid (vinegar). The gas was pumped into a plastic bag and inhaled through a tube and held for approximately 10 seconds.

While holding my breath my vision was abruptly tinted a light pink. My groin felt hot (not sexually but physically) and I felt the overwhelming urge to urinate. Breathing out quickly, I remained in this frightened state for 20 or so seconds before it began to fade. After the color and sensation had abated I was left shaking, no doubt due to the adrenaline release this experience triggered. I did some Escrima drills to dissipate the nervous energy, before calming sufficiently to write.

There is definitely something here. Next I must try mixtures of CO2, air/O2, and perhaps N2O. I was on the threshold of something, I'm sure of it...

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108250
Published: Apr 6, 2016Views: 3,451
Carbon Dioxide (439) : General (1), Alone (16)