Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Innocent Bliss
Galangal
by Truth_Seeker
Citation:   Truth_Seeker. "Innocent Bliss: An Experience with Galangal (exp108025)". Erowid.org. Feb 27, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108025

oral Galangal (tea)

I've read a lot of reports online about various experiences with galangal, so I felt compelled to add one of my own.

First of all, I have enjoyed making a tea out of the dried, bark-looking stuff on occasion for over two years. It was always very pleasant and mild - simply a relaxant with an overall visual glow. Recently, I have been mixing it with holy basil tea, I can get it for three dollars or so. It is definitely a complementary mix. Although I felt very happy, it did not leave me out of control. Rather, I became more loquacious and articulate than I am always being made fun of for. But also just giggly, the greatest, euphoric kind of ridiculousness that makes hanging with people more fun, and makes the jokes even funnier. WITHOUT alcohol.

So, I obtained some of the fresh stuff from a local Asian grocer yesterday afternoon, and cut it into slices that were about a quarter of an inch thick. I added this to a few dried slices, which I always twist and break into smaller pieces, and added in one packet of holy basil tea with lemongrass and ginger.

For three hours, I felt extremely relaxed, and someone joked that it was almost as if I was stoned. No lack of coordination or incoherent behavior on my part, though - just bliss. There are definitely the little visual trails that people mention, but not like a true psychedelic. Just this glowing enhancement that brings out the beauty of colors and shapes. It left me entirely communicative, even through a meeting with my roommates and our landlady. No disorientation whatsoever. And it helped me sleep wonderfully.

Overall analysis - beautiful!!

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108025
Published: Feb 27, 2016Views: 3,947
Galangal (24) : Glowing Experiences (4), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)