Membership Gift--Ltd. Ed. Art Print
"Solve et Elucido" is a fantastic signed & numbered reverberating giclee print
available as a thank-you for $1,000 donations. It is 12" x 12", on canvas, signed
by the artist as well as Erowid founders Earth and Fire.
Uncomfortable
3-MeO-PCP
by ThePoobaman
Citation:   ThePoobaman. "Uncomfortable: An Experience with 3-MeO-PCP (ID 107998)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2016. erowid.org/exp/107998

6 mg oral 3-MeO-PCP (capsule)
  T+ 1:00 5 mg oral 3-MeO-PCP (capsule)

Background: 18, Male, smoke weed 3-4 times per week (basically whenever I donít have to study or use my brain for a while), and have an extensive resume including LSD, shrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-DET, 5-MeO-DALT, 5-MeO-MiPT, DXM, MDMA, 5-MAPB, Nitrous gas, cocaine, amphetamine, focalin, methylphenidate, oxycodone, hydrocodone, kratom, alprazolam, diazepam, clonazolam, zolpidem, THJ-019, as well as all sorts of other pills, powders, herbs and spices (but never Spice, unless you count THJ-019).

Set: Good. Got some relieving news recently. A few minor and major source of stress and worry in my life, but overall healthy, happy and looking forward to my second experience with 3-MeO-PCP. The first time, I took 8 mg spaced out over an evening of playing Mario Kart on Wii with friends. It was enjoyable until we went our separate ways, and I found the drug to be an uncomfortable presence in my night. No drugs used previously in the day besides a cup of coffee in the morning.

Setting: My dorm at a small east coast university.

11:45 pm (0:00) Take 6 mg dose in a gel cap
12:12 am (0:27) Feeling slightly off. Very aware of slight formatting errors on the page I am reading. Reading is difficult because of the distraction, but possible.
12:22 am (0:37) Amplified effects.
12:32 am (0:47) Giving up on reading for a moment. Feel very off.
12:35 am (0:50) I cannot recommend taking this dose in the presence of anybody you find annoying. I am listening to somebody who lives in my dorm go on and on and on about how bad gang violence, rejection of refugees, murder, etc. is. I understand. This drug has not impaired my moral sense, but it has impaired my ability to listen to this girl rattle off everything she doesnít like.

I stopped recording there. The rest of this entry is written the next day, and times are estimated..

(T + 1:00) I took an additional 5 mg in a gel cap and lay in my bed for a bit with my friend R. After about half an hour, I could tell it was kicking in, so I walked out into my dorm lounge and she went off to do something.

(T + 1:30) My roommate was out there, and knew I was high as shit. Holding a conversation with him was impossible (though itís not usually easy as he can be a little socially awkward at times).

As I was talking to him, I was pacing around the lounge and each step felt stranger than the last. It was a truly bizarre feeling - I felt as though it was not me who was walking, but simply my body. I felt empty and disconnected.

This is when the visuals truly hit me. I donít like the visuals on this drug much, but theyíre by far the most enjoyable aspect of the drug (that should tell you about the other effects). Visual perspective was completely fucked. I couldnít judge distance or depth at all. When I looked down at my shoes, I felt like my face was right in front of the floor, but objects on the ground (such as a penny lying next to the door in the lounge) were miniscule and distant. This quickly became uncomfortable.

(T + 1:50) I had heard that some people get nice CEVs from dissociatives, so I decided to head into my (dark) room and grab my toothbrush, and stay there if it was more enjoyable. I was missing my phone and was completely unable to find the light switch, so I was more or less blind. I must have been in there fumbling around for two or three minutes before I found my toothbrush. As soon as I got what I came in for, an overwhelming sense of dread hit me. I felt that I needed to get out of the room immediately, for fear of something horrible happening. Complete paranoia.
There were no good visuals.

Walking through the lounge to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I was surprised to see my roommate sitting to my right. I didnít see him right away, and when he stood up he appeared to be right next to me. This made me jump and he laughed. After a few minutes of chatting, I made it into the bathroom.

(T + 2:00) The bathroom had a very eerie feeling about it. Looking in the mirror was very unpleasant. I donít usually have body image issues and on other drugs quite like looking in the mirror (I could do this for hours on LSD), but on 3-MeO-PCP, I thought I looked awful.

I pissed (the most alien experience I have ever had - my urine appeared to be bright green) and brushed my teeth. As I was washing out my toothbrush, I saw something behind me in the mirror and gasped. I turned around, but saw nothing. This does not happen to me when Iím sober.

Unwilling to enter the darkness again, I told my roommate to put my toothbrush and toothpaste back in the room and told him I was sleeping with R.

(T + 2:10) R wanted to kiss me goodnight, and when she extended her neck to kiss my cheek, her entire face became momentarily unrecognizable and her neck appeared to stretch MUCH further than it actually did, sort of like a fucked up Mr. Fantastic. She knew I was high, and my terrified reaction made her scoot over on the bed and give me some space (probably a good idea). I covered myself in blankets and tried to clear my mind, but I felt like my entire body was under some immense pressure.

I tried to sleep, but Rís ears were so small and her hair was so curly that I was very distracted, and it took me about 30 minutes to nod off into a shallow, dreamless sleep.

(T + 9:50) I still felt it the next morning, which was much more uncomfortable.

My recommendation would be to skip this substance unless you have a lot of experience with dissociative drugs. I have a little bit, but this was still a bad reaction.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 107998