Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Relaxing, Happy Buzz
Valerian, Scullcap & Hops
by miguel
Citation:   miguel. "Relaxing, Happy Buzz: An Experience with Valerian, Scullcap & Hops (exp10796)". Erowid.org. Aug 25, 2005. erowid.org/exp/10796

1.5 g oral Valerian (tea)
  1.0 g oral Skullcap (tea)
  1.0 g oral Hops (tea)

I boiled some water, and poured in a homemade mixture of Valerian root, Scullcap, Hops, a small amount of Peppermint leaves for taste, and small amount of chamomile, rosehips, and lemon rind.

I poured in some honey to taste. After drinking the mixture, I began to feel very at peace, and very happy - an overall sense of well being. There were minor visuals, i.e. seeing lights out of the corner of the eye, auras around certain objects, etc. A few minutes later, I had the ability to lose awareness of everything around me, except what I was doing - no distractions whatsoever, be they mental or physical. Although my ability to concentrate and think clearly was impaired, I found that I could completely engulf myself in a book of pictures, or in a magazine, and not be distracted by anything at all.
I wouldn't say that this was a 'buzz' or that I was 'stoned' at all, but it was a pleasing experience, and I may try it more often as a means to relax before bed after a hard day.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10796
Published: Aug 25, 2005Views: 23,800
Valerian (48), Skullcap (232), Hops (252) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)