Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
I Need Help - Side Effects
Ayahuasca
by elsim
Citation:   elsim. "I Need Help - Side Effects: An Experience with Ayahuasca (exp107658)". Erowid.org. Jun 1, 2018. erowid.org/exp/107658

0.5 cups oral Ayahuasca (tea)

I took ayahuasca 4 weeks ago and ever since I've been experiencing intense depression, anxiety, panic attacks. At the beginning the first 2 weeks I was also experiencing depersonalization and intense vomiting.

Everything that reminds me of the experience sets off a panic attack. I've developed fears to things I didn't used to fear like the color brown or my job, that I used to love.

I was a very happy, motivated, inspired, kind person and now I just cry uncontrollably. I'm doing yoga, breathing exercises, going for runs and following a healthy diet.

But I can no longer eat, sleep or work. I've seen two shamans and they said they performed a cleansing but nothing changed. I went to see two therapists they both say that the aya opened pandora's box and that I have to deal with everything that has come up and find the root of the problem. But first of all I don't know how to do this and second I have found the root of some, but they're still there. I know that fear comes form being abused as a child but I don't know how to fix this. Yesterday I and a panic attack that lasted until today in the morning.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 107658
Published: Jun 1, 2018Views: 3,091
Ayahuasca (8) : Group Ceremony (21), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27)