Bargaining in IQ Points
Quetiapine
by GSJAMES
Citation:   GSJAMES. "Bargaining in IQ Points: An Experience with Quetiapine (exp107610)". Erowid.org. Jan 4, 2016. erowid.org/exp/107610

600 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (daily)
      Pharms - Divalproex
      Pharms - Gabapentin

I have taken quetiapine (Seroquel) for many years now, on and off as an anti-manic medication and anti-anxiety agent. All things considered it is fairly good at keeping my mind quiet enough so that I don't freak out constantly about being.

The problem is that as I've shuffled from psychiatric institution to psychiatric institution, it has become apparent that I need to get my feet on the ground and live my own life outside of the confines of institutions. My mind being too quiet has generally prevented me from being the gifted student that I am off medication. That being said I've had a fairly extensive history of drug abuse so most other anti-anxiety agents are off limits. Buspar doesn't work for me and sometimes doctors don't even want to give me Gabapentin.

Fortunately right now I'm prescribed Depakote and Gabapentin in addition to Seroquel which ought to allow the lowering of my dose without my becoming too anxious to function. Seroquel has been an effective medication for me, however the drawbacks are becoming too much to bear if I'm going to continue moving forward in my life. The sixty pounds of weight gain have not been a pleasant addition to my life either, I've gone from being attractive to overweight and I'm not a huge fan of how people make judgements about me based upon such things. I warn that this effective medications drawbacks may prevent forward motion in one's life and pros and cons should be weighed before deciding if Seroquel is a good long-term medication. I've also become pre-diabetic due to Seroquel, another drawback.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 107610
Published: Jan 4, 2016Views: 2,130
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)