Ended Up in Severe Withdrawal
Etizolam & Hydromorphone
by steamraisin
Citation:   steamraisin. "Ended Up in Severe Withdrawal: An Experience with Etizolam & Hydromorphone (exp107254)". Erowid.org. Aug 23, 2016. erowid.org/exp/107254

Hydromorphone (daily)
    repeated   Etizolam

Beware of etizolam. Allegedly not addictive like other benzos, it's worse. I ordered 750 mg over internet. I did not use it daily, but more days than not.

Over the period of a month I ingested the 750 mg. Obviously taking far more than recommended dose, but effects fade quickly with large doses, so I can just take more. Plus my entire life I've always been able to consume my drugs like a pig, but I won't ever touch this shit again.

Had severe withdrawal after my month-long experiment. Last dose Sunday (still had some left). Went from a sleepless night Monday, Tuesday I was severely ill, vomiting all day, sweating, shaking etc. Thought I was just puking up my dilaudid and in withdrawal from opiates. It kept getting worse, until around 5 PM I had a four-minute seizure in front of my wife and kid. Called 911, went to hospital, ended up in severe withdrawal, almost went under a couple more times. Worst withdrawal I've ever experienced (regular opiate user, cocaine, heroin and many other things in my day).
None are even comparable to etizolam. Funny things is I used it because I'd heard how bad benzo withdrawal was and didn't want to experience it.

So now I'm still in hospital a few days later, still suffering. On a valium taper, and still on my hydromorph, but even this morning (four days from last use) I was still sick as hell. Be very careful with this drug. In reality it belongs in the toilet, traditional benzos are much safer.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 107254
Published: Aug 23, 2016Views: 3,681
Etizolam (568) : Not Applicable (38), Post Trip Problems (8), Addiction & Habituation (10)