Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Melty Body Floaty Head
Butalbital, Caffeine & Acetaminophen
by Lady Codone
Citation:   Lady Codone. "Melty Body Floaty Head: An Experience with Butalbital, Caffeine & Acetaminophen (exp106737)". Erowid.org. Jun 21, 2018. erowid.org/exp/106737

75 mg oral Butalbital
  60 mg oral Caffeine
    oral Acetaminophen

Background: My (awesome) doc gave me a scrip for 60 Fioricet for menstrual migraines today. Never tried a barbiturate before so this is a first. I'm currently sick with a cold and having my usual pelvic pain due to endometriosis...not feeling my best. Other drugs taken today include propylhexedrine, a tiny bit of 2-FMA and codeine hours earlier.

Dosing: Each pill contains 50mg butalbital/325mg APAP/40mg caffeine. I broke the first pill in half and took both halves about 15 minutes apart on a full stomach. Just downed another half for a grand total of 75mg butalbital and 60mg caffeine.

T + 30 minutes: First effects felt. It feels...strange. I feel unimpaired until I go to pour some water. Woops. Spilled it. Same with the cat food. Sorry kitty. My vision is definitely impaired now. The caffeine buzz is noticeable, probably because I took other stimulants today. My headache is gone though. Music sounds weird and typing is difficult. No euphoria per se, but my head feels floaty and somewhat dizzy. Not nearly as gross as I feel on alcohol but slightly similar.

T + 1 hour: This is definitely different than benzos or booze. The difference is hard to pinpoint
The difference is hard to pinpoint
though. My body feels heavy and melty but my head feels light. Inhibitions have evaporated. Feeling pretty good right now. I could see this having addictive potential if I wasn't so traumatized by benzo withdrawal. Music now sounds awesome. I'm not drowsy in the slightest...quite the opposite: the caffeine is making me super tweaky. Fioricet is like a poor man's speedball.

Conclusion: I can't speak on the comedown/after effects, as they haven't happened yet. For now, I'd rate it a solid 7 out of 10. I'm pleasantly surprised. So far, I prefer it to any benzo I've tried (which includes Xanax, etizolam, Ativan & Klonopin). I feel privileged to try a barbiturate, even if it's just butalbital. My mom was a huge fan of Seconal in the '60s so maybe I inherited her affinity for barbs.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 106737
Published: Jun 21, 2018Views: 1,078
Butalbital (576), Caffeine (11) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)