Getting Smacked In The Face
5-MeO-MIPT
by Zirtonic
Citation:   Zirtonic. "Getting Smacked In The Face: An Experience with 5-MeO-MIPT (exp106645)". Erowid.org. Jul 14, 2017. erowid.org/exp/106645

6.5 mg oral 5-MeO-MIPT (powder / crystals)

This was my first time with this substance. I知 not on any medications; the only thing I take regularly is 1,000mg of Vitamin C a day. In the past 7 days the only other drugs I致e ingested would be ~90mg of diphenidine this past Tuesday and 100mg of caffeine on Saturday and Monday. Mindset and mood are both fine - no emotional distress or anything. Setting is a small party, around 12 people total. I知 the only one taking the moxy. One friend is taking MDMA, everyone else is sticking to alcohol and/or cannabis for tonight.

I have very high hopes for tonight. This chemical seems to get nothing but praise from what I致e read. I知 a little nervous that I might fuck up the dosing and get in over my head, but even then I think I could still have an ok time. I知 expecting a roll/trip combo that lasts around 7 hours total (ingestion to sobriety). I知 really hoping that the roll aspect of the experience actually rivals that of MDMA and actual entactogens. Hopefully I知 not let down.

20:30 Eat ~7mg of moxy (scale was fluctuating slightly between 6 and 7 milligrams). Tastes disgusting. For 7mg of powder this shit sure is strong. Tasted similar to MDMA, but it was even more bitter.

20:45 Feeling something, but it痴 very nondescript. Feels similar to any other psychedelic come up: a nervous energy, light stimulation, and my thoughts are a little weirder, although I can稚 say exactly how. Definitely not placebo.

21:00 I知 sitting on the couch and I notice that I致e taken multiple deep breaths in a row. On MDMA that痴 my telltale sign that the come up is kicking into gear and I知 climbing towards the peak. I look around and notice a subtle (but definite) visual shift not unlike what I would get on MDMA. Colors are more vibrant and my vision vibrates slightly every once in a while (I知 assuming nystagmus?). Nothing else of note happening right now.

21:10 It痴 been a whopping 10 minutes since I last wrote something, and holy shit things have changed a lot. The visuals have stayed the same for the most part, maybe slightly more intense. However, I知 now absolutely melting into the couch I知 sitting on. My sense of touch has been multiplied by a million. I値l have to re-evaluate after doing this drug a few more times, but the tactile sensations may surpass MDMA. Every hair I touch sends waves of absolute pleasure throughout my entire body. I do not have a lady friend with me, but I can guarantee that if I did I would be all over her. For tonight though I think I値l be more than content to just run my hands through my own hair for multiple hours.

So far this drug has met all my expectations. It痴 incredibly lucid - I have absolutely no problem conversing with other people, although I知 not as focused as usual and might have to ask someone to repeat something. I知 also pretty stimulated and movement feels nice, but just running my hands through my hair is enough to keep me comfortable without actually having to get up and walk around. The visuals are perfect, nothing overwhelming or super up-front, just enough to keep me entertained. Tactile sensations are godly. Emotionally it is a little bit of a letdown. Maybe it痴 the setting that I知 in, but I don稚 feel any more open or empathetic than usual. The people I知 with are good friends and all but I don稚 have the urge to get up and tell them that as opposed to how I feel on MDMA/5-APB. Maybe my expectations were simply too high. Regardless, up to this point I致e had a great night.

(Time stamps stop after this point, I both stopped paying attention to it and later during the second phase I forgot about it entirely.)

I spend maybe the next hour or two just socializing and having a good time. I知 plenty talkative and am enjoying everyone痴 company. I guess it痴 worth noting that usually when I do psychs I cannot stand drunk people or anyone that痴 blitzed from too much weed, but I didn稚 get that this time. There wasn稚 any of the usual silent judging from me while I talked to someone not on the same level as me (not meant as if I知 doing a 澱etter drug than them). At some point we all go outside, and this is when I entered the second phase of the trip.

(For those unaware, people that use this drug claim that it has 2 very distinct phases. The first half is a roll-y type of feeling, and then it turns into something akin to a decent mushroom trip about half way through. I knew this going in, but I was not ready for how abrupt the change was.)

I知 sitting outside by the pool, talking to people and kind of enjoying the nice-ish weather. At one point I look up at the sky, and all of a sudden my headspace changes completely. It was like I got smacked in the face with a trip. Almost immediately I become extremely introspective and my thoughts become very psychedelic and deep. Not to mention that my field of view is now filled with colors and respectably intense OEVs. It痴 lightning like crazy outside, and thanks to my newfound mental state the lightning seems to be perfectly in sync with the music that痴 playing. This puts a huge grin on my face that I hold for probably 10 solid minutes. I look from person to person and am starting to analyze all the different interactions that are happening, as one tends to do when tripping. For the next couple minutes I just sit and observe, thinking intently and not really saying much. Eventually I get up and go inside, a little scrambled as I知 still trying to adjust to the new headspace.

I hate to stop this report so abruptly, but the rest of the night was pretty run of the mill. I had a lot of fun, but it was just like any other trip. Despite this being a tryptamine, I thought the trip phase was much more similar to LSD than mushrooms. I had no trouble steering my thoughts and controlling the trip, and I was stimulated as opposed to sedated. I do want to point out though that the MDMA-esque euphoria never went away. Even after the transition from roll to trip, I was feeling heavenly all night. All in all this is an extremely fun chemical. I agree that this is the tryptamine痴 answer to rolling, although I still think the entactogenic aspects could be more pronounced. Basically, this is a candy flip but more on the 斗egal route. There痴 also the added benefit that, at least to my knowledge, the mechanism of action is like LSD/mushrooms and not MDMA, so you get those MDMA feelings without draining your entire serotonin supply. Overall, 8/10.

I suppose I should mention side effects. Nothing major, that痴 for sure. There was some definite vasoconstriction, and I got the usual clamminess on the come up. Towards the end of the trip I started sweating quite a bit, but other than that I didn稚 notice anything that would stop me from doing this again. This drug feels pretty physically safe, even though I obviously shouldn稚 rely just on feelings and look forward to any new data that comes out about this chemical. Still, it痴 reassuring.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 106645
Published: Jul 14, 2017Views: 2,197
5-MeO-MIPT (287) : Large Group (10+) (19), First Times (2), General (1)