Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Surprised I Had Some Slight Audio Distortion
Syrian Rue
by luigi
Citation:   luigi. "Surprised I Had Some Slight Audio Distortion: An Experience with Syrian Rue (exp105955)". Erowid.org. Sep 18, 2018. erowid.org/exp/105955

5 g oral Syrian Rue (seeds)

Reccently dabbling in the means of acacia confusa, I decided to order some syrian rue seeds to act as an maoi if I decided to ever make ayahuasca. I remembered reading about them noting that some say they're active alone, so having them just laying around I decided to read the experiences.

Seeing that the doses ranged from 10-15 grams in the ones I read I weighed out 10 grams of seeds, but changed my mind due to the fact that maois can be dangerous. Then I cut in half for safety's sake, my brother wanted to check it out along with me and I weighed him out 5 grams and got to it.

The seeds tasted somewhat of coffee, now I also remembered some people saying theyre not active alone and a waste of time on different forums. Kind of supprised I had some slight audio distortion and by the time I noticed that the lighting in the room seemed to change a bit. About 10 minutes later tracers became apparent accompanied by a stoney type feel. We went out to smoke a cigarette and it felt rediculously cold, yeah you guessed it, we went right back inside.

The feeling wasnt something I'd consider psychedelic. But without a doubt has hallucinatory properties, shortly after we came in the effects died down rather quickly. Maybe 40 minutes after I only felt nauseous with still some change in the way things sound. My brother felt nothing after an hour.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 105955
Published: Sep 18, 2018Views: 195
Syrian Rue (45) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)