Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Not Worth It
DXM (with CPM)
by DMX
Citation:   DMX. "Not Worth It: An Experience with DXM (with CPM) (exp10587)". Erowid.org. Apr 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/10587

repeated oral DXM (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

It all started in eight grade when my friends in high school introduced me to this great new drug. They told me that it didn't have any bad side effects after I was off of it and it was a lot better than smoking something. The first time I took them it was durning the night, everything was great. We were riding around in a car most of the time and I'd look up at the ceiling and I could actually see the stars through it. I was seeing all these things that I could never see before. I saw dark trees when I shut my eyes. When I tried to walk I had to have help, but other than that I was fine. When I got home I couldn't wait until the next time I got to take them.

It got to the point where I'd do them every Saturday night with those same two friends. They'd ALWAYS puke when they took them. My dose kept getting higher until it reached 16. I experienced many diferent things when I was on them, My body was always hot, I'd see things, I could sit on the floor and tell someone what they were doing in the next room. It was really strange.

When I did 16 it was the last time I did them. I practally went crazy. I could not see straight at all. I was talking in jibberish and I thought that my friend was a monster. I woke up the next morning and I was still tripping hard. It was really scary for me to relize what I had done the night before and what my mind had gone threw. I would never do these again and I'm trying to get my friends off of them.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10587
Published: Apr 16, 2007Views: 8,204
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Small Group (2-9) (17)