Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Help our researcher friends at Maastricht University School of Medicine by sharing this with appropriate groups, and
Take this 45 minute survey!
Headrush, Vocal Distortion
Xenon (Xe)
by gasman
Citation:   gasman. "Headrush, Vocal Distortion: An Experience with Xenon (Xe) (exp10567)". Erowid.org. Nov 13, 2001. erowid.org/exp/10567

1 hit inhaled Xenon (gas)

I used to work as a chemist for a specialty compressed gas corporation. Before we could afford a compressor we had to just vent transfers of highly expensive rare gases such as krypton and xenon from filling manifolds to the outside air. (1 cylinder containing 50cu foot of xenon ~1400 liters currently sells for ~$20,000).

Having been curious about the vocal distortive effects of helium, I decided to vent a xenon manifold into my lungs. What a head-rush, the large size of a xenon atom apparently displaces oxygen quite readily. (I was standing by an emergency oxygen supply in case I felt I was going to pass out). The buzzed feeling only lasted for ~5min following a single deep breath of Xe. The buzz was only 1/4 the fun however. If one sings tenor, prepare to sing contra-bass; I found myself singing 'were so sorry Uncle Albert, but we havent done a bloody thing all day' about 2 octaves down from my normal register to a coworker. We laughed our asses off.

Exp Year: 1986ExpID: 10567
Published: Nov 13, 2001Views: 33,463
Xenon (220) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)