Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Red Heart Newbie
Methadone
by Hmmbaby
Citation:   Hmmbaby. "Red Heart Newbie: An Experience with Methadone (exp10544)". Erowid.org. Oct 22, 2006. erowid.org/exp/10544

2 tablets oral Methadone

Hanging out with a friend in a comfortable setting, we were both desperate for some sort of drug. Upon learning that a close friend had just acquired some Methadone, we decided to try it, despite the fact that we knew nothing about it except its use as a treatment for heroin addicts.

I took the pills on a half-full stomach. Within a little more than an hour, I started to feel relaxed, and for some strange reason, my ears kept popping. I felt a slight disassociation with reality--not very strong, however. A couple hours later, watching tv, I began to get little adrenaline rushes in my stomach, not unlike the preliminary rushes of ecstacy. Yet at the same time, I still felt relaxed. I fell asleep fairly easily, a welcome reprise from some other drugs.

For the following day I felt sort of mellow.

In the end, I don't really enjoy downers.

An interesting experience, overall.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10544
Published: Oct 22, 2006Views: 30,246
Methadone (166) : First Times (2), Alone (16)