Citation: DrDemento. "Fun but Not Too Fun: An Experience with 4-Fluoroamphetamine (exp105214)". Erowid.org. Apr 21, 2016. erowid.org/exp/105214
I use amphetamines for certain therapeutic benefits, mostly to improve attention and mood. I enjoy psychedelics for recreational use but will occasionally use amphetamines or MDMA for recreation. Always via oral route.
I got hold of some 4-FA to explore recreational uses, and my impression is, this substance has promise if used in moderation.
In terms of tolerance, 5-10 mg of methamphetamine at a time is plenty for me, will sometimes re-dose once. Likewise 140mg of MDMA is more than enough for an evening. YMMV of course.
I took 80mg of 4-FA, went out and had three drinks.
- Very little body load.
- At this dose, it was stimulating, but not pushy.
- Definite enhancement of tactile stimulation, heralded by some tingling in the scalp, as others have noted.
- Very mild jaw clenching.
- It does cause some temperature dysregulation, I tend to run hot on this
- There is an interaction with alcohol, felt much more intoxicated than I normally would. Considering that, along with the dehydrating effect of alcohol, I don't recommend mixing these things.
- Unlike others, I don't feel the serotonergic effects subside after a couple of hours. There's a brief peak, that occurs early, but the serotonergic effects did last for at least four and a half hours for me, albeit at a lesser intensity.
I noted increased alertness within the first hour, an euphoric peak for about an hour starting at T+2, followed by a very pleasant plateau that lasted more than four hours.
I find this to be a peaceful head space. I was happy, smiling a lot. Friendly. Lowered social inhibitions. However, this isn't as pushy as either amphetamines or MDMA. So in other words I wasn't speeded up, full of energy or speed-rapping. Nor was I floored and e-tarded like one can get sometimes with 'effective' doses of MDMA. Generally had my wits about me, didn't feel like I was acting like an idiot. (Maybe I was! If so, was blissfully oblivious.)
Lord knows I love MDMA, but sometimes I'm just not up to that amount of fun. This is a really excellent middle-of-the-road recreational drug, which gives alertness, euphoria, sociability, and has an entactogenic effect, without being overwhelming in any respect.
That said, there is no possible way I would take this in a work environment. Not in a million years.
Given reports of adverse reactions with high doses, I would suggest adjusting expectations and going with more moderate doses. It's not an MDMA substitute, nor is an amphetamine substitute. It actually has it's own charm, I think.
As with all research chemicals, I couldn't recommend it if you have no experience with amphetamines or MDMA. Even if you're experienced, start low and go slow.
That said, I think this is really something special. Definitely keeping this in the rotation.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.