Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Nasty Surprise
Varenicline (Chantix)
by Merlin
Citation:   Merlin. "Nasty Surprise: An Experience with Varenicline (Chantix) (exp104201)". Erowid.org. Apr 7, 2016. erowid.org/exp/104201

1 mg oral Varenicline
  3 hits smoked Cannabis

I heard that Chantix gives one vivid and strange dreams. This made me curious so I bought a few pills from a friend. I took one and within fifteen minutes I was feeling bad. I smoked a few puffs off a joint, hoping it would make my stomach feel better, but it didn't work. I became very nauseous and vomited repeatedly with dry heaves. Also I kept having small bowel movements. When I closed my eyes it felt like everything was spinning and I couldn't stand it for long. There was a nervous feeling in my arms and legs. It felt like energy was trying to spray out of my hands, and I had a bad feeling all over. My mind felt cloudy.

The experience was pretty rough. Finally I was able to sleep and I was so grateful. Twelve hours after dosing I was able to finish a bowl of soup. It's now twenty-four hours after dosing and I feel alright but I'm still kind of drained. I read up on possible side effects beforehand, but I never expected such a strong reaction to the drug. By the way, I did dream more than usual but they weren't good dreams.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104201
Published: Apr 7, 2016Views: 3,160
Varenicline (736) : Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)