Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Hangover From Hell
Trazadone & Methadone
by Harasnosilla
Citation:   Harasnosilla. "Hangover From Hell: An Experience with Trazadone & Methadone (exp104110)". Erowid.org. Apr 29, 2019. erowid.org/exp/104110

300 mg oral Pharms - Trazodone
  40 mg oral Methadone

I am currently being detoxed from Methadone and I usually have Gabapentin to help with the withdrawal symptoms. When I ran out of the Gaba's a week ago I decided to ask my neighbor for some of his Valium. Unfortunately he had run out but he DID have Trazadones.

I've never been a fan of them to begin with but I was desperate for some sleep
I was desperate for some sleep
and I was having panic attacks. I was told to take 300mg (3 100mg pills). Hours went by and I felt nothing. I got ready for bed, hopped under the covers, and tried to clear my mind of all negative thoughts. Instead of drifting off to dreamland like I had hoped, I found myself having a full blown panic attack in the bed. My heart was racing, my fingers tingled, and it felt like I couldn't swallow so that made me freak out even more. It took 3 hours for me to finally drift off to sleep.

The next morning was a hellish nightmare! I didn't have the energy to move...AT ALL! I knew in my mind that I had to get moving for work. Don't ask me how I managed to work a full day but I did! The worst HAD to be over, right? Oh no!!! When I woke up the following morning I was greeted with the same awful feelings. Walking wore me out and my heart was still racing.

Trazadone is a beast. Seriously though, I have never experienced anything like this in my life (and I've done my fair share of drugs). STAY AWAY!!!!

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104110
Published: Apr 29, 2019Views: 1,598
Pharms - Trazodone (294), Methadone (166) : Combinations (3), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)